I need some advice/recommendations

I have been a Glowforge owner since Feb 2020.

After losing my son 9/13/20, I made the decision to quit my “day job” and pursue my Etsy small business full time.

My sales had been better than ever, after making the decision to pursue things full time, but as luck would have it, my glow forge pro decided to break right after I decided to quit my job.

I wasn’t too concerned being that I knew I was still within warranty, and up until that point my experiences with Glowforge and their support had been great.

Fast forward almost THREE WEEKS since my glowforge stopped working and support was made aware. And here I sit with not even a shipping notification in site.

I was initially told I would being getting a refurbished unit within “10 days but usually a lot quicker”. after practically harassing with emails because their responses were so far and few in between, last week they flipped 180 and told me they would be sending me a brand new pro so it could ship out Monday (today).

Here we are Monday with the day almost over, and still no response, or communication on where things stand.

I have been providing my 180+ pending orders with updates each time the company would give me an update, and now I’ve been made to look like a liar to my loyal customers.

I am at the point now where I do know what to do. I feel so cheated by this company by how little help they’ve truly given.

Am I better off just cancelling all my pending orders and making them aware that there is no indication of a replacement coming any time soon? I take pride in being upfront and honest with my customers, but it is very very hard to do so when support has been stringing me along left and right, beating around the bush, waiting days in between responses, and just continually pushing back when my replacement will be shipped.

My husband even went and order a brand new plus machine to surprise me with when my pro broke down, so we could keep up with all the orders we were getting in. But quite frankly at this point I don’t see it worth the investment financially with how poorly things have been handled.

I know this will open a new ticket, in doing so, I hope it will get me a response instead of being left hanging yet another day. I also know they apparently make the printers to order and don’t just have them sitting in warehouse. But quite frankly that is not my problem, and definitely not an excuse for the type of financial investment that’s made in deciding to own a Glowforge.

Any advice or similar experiences shared would be greatly appreciated. I’m just truly at a loss as to where to go from here. The more time that passes, the more income and valued customers I lose.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Only posts in Problems and Support open support tickets; staff doesn’t monitor Everything Else, so they won’t see this.

Other than that, I’m not sure what to tell you. Communication around shipping has always been problematic, and I hope they’re working on whatever the causes of that are, because it’s super frustrating on the user’s end. I can tell you that they have always come through for me, and I know they will for you, too, if you can hang in there. I do have confidence in the company, despite their imperfections.

Also, I’m so sorry for the loss of your son. I can’t even imagine having to go through that. :frowning:

3 Likes

I didn’t know that thanks! I will post there.

I’m at a point I wish I wasn’t, where I feel like I’ve lost all hope :frowning:

I could never imagine leaving my customer’s hanging like this and offering no help.

And thank you! The stress of all this definitely does not help!!

1 Like

Hang in there! @geek2nurse is right about the shipping stuff. It just is what it is. If you stay open and honest with your customers, they likely won’t bail on you. Plus, with a little marketing saavy, when all is said and done, they can be won back over with a nice note in the box or a free magnet with your appreciation for them. There are lots of goods and bads about GF, but in the end, it is a good machine that delivers on lots of level. Don’t let the emotional part get in the way of good business decisions when it comes to what works. Again - it will take patience!

Sorry for the loss of your son! May his memory be a blessing.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.