I really need so help

so the first glow forge i got didnt work so they sent me a new one i got it up and start to set up but everytime i get connected to the wifi the min it connect it looses its connection i have done called my provider and up my internet services moved my modem to a different plus i have a wifi extender and still i cant seem to keep it connected everytime it tells me im connected i go to the dash board to do my first print and by the time i get there it tells me it is offline i dont know waht to do im about to loose my mind here some one plz help me

Relax, everything will be fine. Support will figure it out for you.
Just a guess, but most routers now support 2.4 and 5 GHz, the laser only works with 2.4 so make sure that’s how you connect.

I’m so sorry you’re having trouble getting your replacement unit set up.

Will you please review the following steps, and let us know which one you’re getting stuck on?

1. Power Up: Turn your Glowforge off. Then turn on your Glowforge and wait about 30 seconds.
  2. Start Wi-Fi Setup: Hold down the button on your Glowforge for ten seconds, until it glows with a teal color.
  3. Sign In: Using a Wi-Fi device like your laptop or tablet, go to setup.glowforge.com and sign in.
  4. Connect Your Glowforge to Wi-Fi: Follow the instructions at setup.glowforge.com to connect your Glowforge to Wi-Fi. If you run into trouble along the way, let us know what happened right before the issue arose.
  5. If you’re getting stuck while following the instructions at setup.glowforge.com, please take a screenshot showing the step you can’t get past

To take a screenshot:

• Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.
  • Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool”. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.

It may help to take a look at our Wi-Fi troubleshooter as well. If you take a screenshot showing the step you’re stuck on, please post it here. We’ll review the screenshot along with your unit’s logs and then follow up with advice and next steps.

2 Likes

I just woke up but I’m a bit I will get up and try again what is happening is it will connect and then the second I’m connected I lose the connection by the time I get to the dash board to do a print I’m offline

Now the teall button doesn’t want to come on

I just woke up but I’m a bit I will get up and try again what is happening is it will connect and then the second I’m connected I lose the connection by the time I get to the dash board to do a print I’m offline

| ivan1 Staff
June 7 |

• | - |

I’m so sorry you’re having trouble getting your replacement unit set up.

Will you please review the following steps, and let us know which one you’re getting stuck on?

1. Power Up: Turn your Glowforge off. Then turn on your Glowforge and wait about 30 seconds.
  2. Start Wi-Fi Setup: Hold down the button on your Glowforge for ten seconds, until it glows with a teal color.
  3. Sign In: Using a Wi-Fi device like your laptop or tablet, go to setup.glowforge.com and sign in.
  4. Connect Your Glowforge to Wi-Fi: Follow the instructions at setup.glowforge.com to connect your Glowforge to Wi-Fi. If you run into trouble along the way, let us know what happened right before the issue arose.
  5. If you’re getting stuck while following the instructions at setup.glowforge.com, please take a screenshot showing the step you can’t get past

To take a screenshot:

• Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.
  • Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool”. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.

It may help to take a look at our Wi-Fi troubleshooter as well. If you take a screenshot showing the step you’re stuck on, please post it here. We’ll review the screenshot along with your unit’s logs and then follow up with advice and next steps.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Ok so I have been at this for 3 days now and I fell like I’m about to loose my mind what is is doing is it will connect then the min I get to the dashboard to do a project it’s offline I don’t know why this keeps happening I have done everything my internet provider told me to including upong my internet service and idk what else to do I need to get this working it’s driving me crazy doing it over and over again plz help me

a) try your phone as a hotspot.
b) if you would use some punctuation then more of us might be able to read your posts and try to help out. Your posts run together too much and it is just too hard to understand what is going on.

2 Likes

okay so I decided to take out my old laptop the reason I got a new one is because I didn’t have enough storage space and it keeps telling me to erase space but I don’t know what to erase that erase everything that I know that doesn’t belong to the computer on it and it still tells me that I need to free up storage but anyway I took that laptop out and I tried with that laptop and some magical reason it connects to that laptop and works fine but my other laptop it won’t stay connected I don’t know why but that I do need to figure out because I’d rather use the other laptop cuz I have more stuff on it as far as images and designs and stuff and on the old one that I’m using right now to make the glowforge work I wouldn’t be able to download inkscape or Adobe illustrator or anything on it because it doesn’t have enough space

1. please please use some punctuation, it’s really hard to understand your posts.

2. GF doesn’t connect to your laptop, it connects to your WiFi. The UI is browser based. So if you have one laptop that can see the GF is online for whatever reason you can use the OTHER one is where you have your artwork for all your designing and just use the one that doesn’t for sending the files to the GF interface. (If I understood your last post correctly) you can also use a phone or tablet since it’s browser based.

2 Likes

i know im sorry i have been really stressed trying to get this set up it will conect to the wifi but only from one of my laptops so i finally got it set up but now i ran into a problem so i was engraving pics of my kids and when it was done and i went to pill off the protectave layer it pulled off all of my sons face and most of the rest of the photo so i decided pull off the layer and redo engrave but now its not engraving into the wood why is that

For photos, I find it burns nicer with the masking removed. I had this same problem lasering photos with the mask on.

1 Like

For the love of all that’s holy, woman!!! Periods. Commas. Question marks!!! :rofl:

After I used my run-on-sentence-to-english translator… You might just want to up the power on your engrave. Or, as cindy says try it without the masking. Photos have a LOT of open areas so removing the masking after the fact can be a pain in the butt.

3 Likes

As I stated in one of your older posts, photos are not very good first projects. The preparation of the photo, the choice of material and the power/speed settings must all be coordinated for a good result. Again I suggest that you become more familiar with the regular use of the Glowforge before launching into advanced projects as the resulting waste of materials is frustrating and expensive.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re continuing to run into trouble, but I’m glad that you were able to connect your Glowforge to your Wi-Fi and perform some prints. That’s great!

I hope the advice @cindyhodesigns provided regarding the masking helps to resolve the print snag you’ve been experiencing. Were you able to replicate a print following this advice, and did you run into the same behavior?

so i got everything else figured out i did a design the other day that came out good but today when i got on an went to create a new design the design i did the other day is still there how do i make it go away because it is destracting me from what im trying to do

Click the “create” button and select new blank design.

1 Like

Thank you for updating us! I’m so glad to hear everything appears to be working correctly.

As @dklgood mentioned, creating a new design should remove any articles of the previous steps you added to a design, so that you can start fresh.

Let us know if this helps to resolve the snag. If not, we’ll send over the next best steps.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.