SOLVED! I see the Glowforge on the wifi but it still wont work

I see the Glowforge on the wifi but it still wont work. I can connect but not sure what to do after that. If I open a page it says "Waiting for you to connect to the glow forge wifi"
I can see there is a signal from the glowforge its talking to my router and receiving information. I just don’t know how to get to the page to chat with it.
Glowforge light is still green and head has not moved.

It sounds like you’re at this step:

Glowforge_Device_Setup

it’s supposed to move on automatically once you change your computer’s connection from your router’s WiFi to the one being broadcast by your Glowforge.

1 Like

Yes, this is where I’m at and its stuck :slight_smile:

Yeah, I guess we simul-posted.

Have you tried Chrome? It seems to be the best supported. I’d consider giving everything a good reboot as well, just to make sure there isn’t some weirdness cached. Make sure you’re connected to your router’s WiFi when you start the setup, and only change the connection to the Glowforge once you’re looking at that screen.

2 Likes

Try this.

3 Likes

OK, I got it! Thank you everyone.
It was my browser I’m guessing. I switched to my apple and Chrome it worked :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you Chris! this helped

Thank you rpegg, it was nice to see the video on what I was looking for. I was doing it correct and it was nice to see what the next step should have been if it was working :slight_smile:
It was my browser I think

2 Likes

Yeah, @rpegg’s video should be a ‘sticky’ somewhere here in a thread dedicated to setting up the glowforge.

3 Likes

I put it in the Designing for the Laser Matrix if you need to link it for folks. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Great!
Glowforge should give a link to it in their setup information. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks, all!

I’m glad to see you are up and running! I will be closing this thread. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.