Idler broke off

I went to clean the fan and while removing the belt the idler (I think that’s what it’s called) just crumbled right off. Is there a quick fix??? I was considering gluing it on until I can get one from GF but the last time something broke it took over a month. I just don’t want to do anything to break the machine.

If you remove the whole assembly before glueing, there’s probably not much harm in trying. It may affect the x-axis accuracy a little (I assume you’re talking about the one on the right side of the gantry, not either of the two on the Y-axis rails…)

I’d use an epoxy resin.

1 Like

Okay, I’m going to try. I’m so freaked out. I can’t be without a machine!

1 Like

I seem to remember that the Andromeda Strain caused plastics to dissolve. Not saying this is related to the recent rash of broken wheels. Then again, it’s 2020…

9 Likes

Will GF contact me because of this post to send me a new idler? I haven’t heard anything. Last time I had a wheel break it took four weeks to get it so I’m hoping this will be faster. I’m so close to buying a second machine but the fact that when something goes wrong it takes forever is really the only thing holding me back right now.

Yes. Posting here opens a support ticket. They will respond, typically in a business day - so I would expect some time today.

1 Like

Hello @shunamanda, I see you also emailed us about this issue and we’ve responded to you there, so I’m going to close this topic.