If You Cannot See Scroll Bars In GFUI On Chrome

This applies to Chrome users on Windows.

So I’ve run into this issue more than once now, and I’m not the only one, of not being able to see my additional steps/layers in the GFUI due to not having a scroll bar. I’m talking about having multiple layers and only being able to see 7 of them. Tonight by luck I was able to discover a small work around that may be useful to some.

If you right click within the GFUI and “Inspect” (or just Ctrl+Shift+I) it opens up Chromes html coding viewer.

From here if you click the “Toggle device toolbar” icon (two vertical rectangles) or Ctrl+Shift+M. This will allow you to see all of your tiles. At first it will be small but you can magnify by changing the scale percentage in the toolbar below the url.

It will react like a mobile view page or tablet, so your cursor will be a circle and you click and drag to scroll. Once you’ve done what you needed, you can just click the X in the html code window, to resume normal browser usage.

21 Likes

Great tip! I’ve moved it to the Tips and Tricks area for you. :slight_smile:

Good tip! I wish they’d fix this. I use a marble mouse and so this is really frustrating for me.

So I’m not the only one who lost those this week? Thanks for the tip, I’ll give it a shot.

Lost them? They’ve never been there to my knowledge. It’s been a complaint for a long time, from those without scroll wheels!

3 Likes

Holy Cats! I feel like an idiot. I have a scroll wheel and never tried it! I always shrunk the size of the browser window until I could see all of the operations (and they were usually super tiny). :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s what it is!! I was using the GFUI without a mouse on the weekend. I was using the trackpad on my laptop (I hate those things). And I could not scroll down.

I usually have a mouse. I thought the scrollbars disappeared all of sudden.

1 Like

Most trackpads have a 2 finger swipe as a scroll since there’s no wheel.

2 Likes

I’ll have to try that next time I’m mouseless.

I had the same problem when I used a Surface tablet a couple of years ago and someone pointed out the 2 finger swipe to me - up until then I was doing the same thing changing the zoom level on the browser :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I find the two finger swipe hard to use, but maybe I don’t use it enough.