If you forgot to buy C batteries for your Christmas gifts, don't worry, you can convert AAs!

File

60 Likes

Excellent hack!

4 Likes

You saved Christmas! What a hero.

5 Likes

Brilliant!

5 Likes

Very cute though I suppose they would not last long, Is it possible to get three in a bundle?

3 Likes

@hansepe said exactly what I was going to say. Thanks for the design!

3 Likes

That’s a hoot!!!

2 Likes

Clever! :smile:

2 Likes

Clever emergency hack

2 Likes

Good problem solved. Thanks for the file.

2 Likes

I’m glad you posted this. We bought a baby bouncer that didn’t have batteries, but I have plenty of high capacity rechargeable AA batteries from Amazon. I saw a video once that demonstrated that any battery can work so long as they make the proper contact, so I just shoved the AAs into the slots and figured I’d come up with something eventually while they have loosely :sweat_smile:

I need to start looking at my machine as a solution more often!

2 Likes

True enough but the lifespan will be different. AA alkalines have 2500mah and C alkalines have 8000 so roughly will last 3 times longer than AA batteries.

4 Likes

Oh I agree that this isn’t so much a fix as it is a situational solution. In our case, it saved us from having to go out on Christmas to look for batteries and were able to see the baby go crazy in his new toy. I’ll definitely buy the real ones when I get the chance, especially because rechargeable batteries have a charge lifecycle that I don’t want to burn through considering how expensive the dang things were :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Unfortunately that will be too wide. There are commercial versions that convert 3 AAs to one D. A 3D printed carriage will probably accommodate 3 AAAs but the run time would be very short.

1 Like

This is utterly brilliant.

5 Likes

Thank you! Recently read about this … Just so happens I 'd like to see if something works without running out for batteries.

1 Like

Nice hack - love it!