Illustrator Export Dimensions

When we upload our SVG file from Illustator, it is not keeping the size of the image. For example, we are cutting out letters and set the “L” to 7 1/2 inches - when it goes into Glowforge, the size changes (5"). Is there a setting to keep the dimensions the same? Thanks for any assistance.

(We are using Adobe Illustrator 2020.)

I don’t use Adobe Illustrator, but I’ve read other posts that said the DPI in your design software must match the Glowforge app. Just going on memory, I want to say that it is supposed to be 96DPI. You might want to do a search for “DPI” in the forum and check the results. It could be as simple as changing the default DPI in illustrator.

96 DPI is the magic number.

1 Like

When saving to SVG, click the More Options box, and then deselect Responsive. Responsive is trying to scale it to a view box.

Or just save as PDF.

2 Likes

If you make your art board 12" x 20" the :glowforge: will ignore any dpi differences and keep your items exactly the same size. It’s a nice override since software has been known to change their defaults.

5 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear the Glowforge app is not keeping the correct dimensions.

I see that the community has provided some good advice on the next best steps. I’ll keep this thread open a little longer, and see if any of those steps helped. Let us know how it goes!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.