I'm trying to upload a photo to print on a cutting board

Im having issues getting a photo to upload keeps coming up with a error. help please
slone

That image is blank - but the forum will strip a raster from an .svg.

BUT - if you’re only engraving you don’t need an .svg. See if you can upload your original image to the GFUI (presumably a .jpg or similar).

What is a raster?

A .jpg or .bmp or .png are all raster file types. An .svg is like a .pdf in that in can contain both rasters and vectors.

A raster is a type of file that is a flat graphic - if you zoom in on it you’ll see pixelization
A vector is a type of file that is infinitely resizable - if you zoom in on it it’ll be just as clear at any size

2 Likes

ty

1 Like

What does the error say?

1 Like

Oh no, I’m sorry to hear about the trouble @bobbijodecker.

I see you emailed us as well. I’ll close that request so we can continue troubleshooting here.

Only SVG and PDF files can be used for cutting and engraving. JPG and PNG files can only be used to engrave. The SVG or PDF file needs to contain lines called “strokes”, which are turned into cuts.

Here’s a quick tutorial on how to create a shape to cut. If you’d like a little more depth, we have a longer tutorial that walks you through creating a design so you can see how to create a file with cuts in it. It includes step-by-step instructions and illustrations, including how to use Inkscape, a free design program, to create shapes for cutting.

Please try out the tutorial and let us know if it doesn’t work to get you cutting!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.