Image Window Isn't Showing All The Material

I have designed my file to fit 11x19.5 to ensure that will all fit on one piece of material but it is constantly not showing near that much space in the window on the app. What am I doing wrong?

Could yo send a screen grab of what you are looking at? just crop out any persona info before posting.

1 Like

Place your material at the lower front right corner of the gridded area of the tray. Place your design starting at the lower right front corner of the bed.
Always design for slightly under 11" x 19.5". The actual numbers are approx. 10.95" x 19.45" for cutting. (Less than that for engraves, unless you adjust the margins.)

2 Likes

Are your settings for engrave? If so, the usable area is smaller. As stated above, we need a screenshot.

3 Likes

Thank you @jules and @dklgood, that’s right. Your Glowforge can currently print up to 11 x 19.5 in. Engravings take extra room to speed up and slow down, so the area may be a bit smaller. We’re working on software improvements that will increase the printable area.
I’m afraid we’ll need more information to investigate further.

If possible, could you please send a screenshot of what you see in the Glowforge app? Make sure to include the rulers in your screenshot and show as much of the bed as possible.

To take a screenshot:

• Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.

• Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool”. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.

We’ll be happy to take closer a look once we have a screenshot.

It’s been a little while since I’ve heard back from you. I hope that’s because everything worked out! If not, just let me know and we’ll get it solved.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.