Impatient Glowforge?

Has anyone had their :glowforge: grow impatient with them? I work from home and tend to work in :glowforge: projects in my slack time. This morning, I put a piece of material in the :glowforge:, went back into the house from the garage where the :glowforge: is. Sent the job to the :glowforge: and then got distracted by a dirty, four letter word, WORK. When I looked back at the screen on the machine that I use to send jobs the :glowforge: and the prompt to push the button was gone, so I sent it again, walked out to the :glowforge: and apparently the first job had already run, without me pushing the button.

No… effing… way!

Mind if I ask you to please please please open a case for this in Problems & Support rather than here? It’s kind of an important safety concern that definitely needs to be addressed.

5 Likes

Cat pushed the glowing button?

3 Likes

Nah, my cats would never lower themselves to go into the garage :grin:

1 Like

Rats?

1 Like

It looks like somebody moved this thread here to P&S. But moving’s not the same as opening a new case. They may or may not look at it. Here… Let’s go ahead and tag @dan and @Rita as, to me, it seems pretty serious and in need of attention.

2 Likes

Just speculation, but I think it is analogous to a kitchen disposal just turning itself on. By design, it is a safeguard, shouldn’t be possible.
If you indeed have cats, that is my bet. A big blinking button would be enticement enough.

1 Like

Could your garage be haunted by the ghost of a handyman that is curious about the Laser Thingee?

2 Likes

Everyone knows there’s no such thing as ghosts. Clearly it was aliens.

5 Likes

I think that’s a record wait until alien conspiracy guy showed up. :alien:

2 Likes

I went digging through your machine logs, and they look quite normal. The machine turns on, normal stuff happens, then there’s a button press at 9:34 Pacific. It’s followed by more prints around 10:30. I don’t want to dispute the ideas of cats, rats, or aliens, but is it possible that you pressed the button before work intervened? Does that timing match your workday?

9 Likes

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.