Impossible Joint Puzzleboxes

Awesome!

1 Like

A lot of thought went in to these pieces.

My family loves puzzle boxes. These are fun and beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

I live in a retirement home and put these boxes on a shelf in the hall. Someone got really mad at not being able to open one; well, they got it “opened” by breaking all the glue joints and leaving the pieces.
Since then the #5 box with magnetic locking pin never gets its pin for locking.

8 Likes

So COOL!!

Get them this service dog to help them out. :smiley:

4 Likes

Oh no…you may want to create some easier ones for the hall shelf. At least they left the pieces?!

1 Like

That dog belongs on a farm with kids, not helping disabled people. Yikes!

1 Like

Even after seeing the first picture, I looked at the second one and thought, “Wait! How does that work?!?” Nicely done!

Marvelous! Lots of power chairs, wheel chairs, and walkers here. Good dogs! They’re doing their jobs.
I’m over 90 so may need this help soon.

3 Likes

The danger inherent in placing tennis balls on the legs of walkers had never occurred to me. And yet it is so obvious.

1 Like

Ugh - I mean, you even leave the clue on the lid :-/ Well, it’s a great excuse to make more!

2 Likes

You noticed! This may be missed by many.

5 Likes

Incredible work!

With cutting and layering the layers to make the dovetail joints the way you have, does it eliminate the need for using a jig to cut the material at an angle as is required in traditional dovetail joints?

No jigs for these meander" joints". Toothpicks are used as pegs in 0.070 alignment holes. Here’s a picture of the hexagonal stepped dovetail as cut on the GF bed.

Not shown are the top and bottom pieces which have alignment pits engraved for alignment. That way no alignment holes show through these external pieces.

5 Likes

That’s one of my favorite videos. Yet still many think any dog can be a service dog.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s really cool! Thanks for taking the time to share :slight_smile:

Wow wow wow!

1 Like

Fantastic! I love them all.

How have I not seen those joints before! Amazing!