Improvement suggestion: update the project icons when auto-saving changes to the project

One of the reasons I find the app’s home page gallery frustrating is the icons I see for the projects don’t always have anything to do with the project.

Say I start by uploading a simple test shape to check cut quality. The icon for the project is now the image of the test shape, as expected. Now say I verify my material settings, add the art I really want to cut, and delete the test shape… The gallery image does not change when the art changes.

If we are going to have all our changes auto-saved shouldn’t the icon update too?

3 Likes

Once you have the design you want - upload it into a new project, that’ll give you the image you want, or alternately, upload a finished image of what you want, and then do all the tinkering (I do that when I’m making someone else’s design - since I have a finished image)

I can devise a workaround but I feel like the lack of an icon update is an issue that should go into The Hopper.

If there is an important reason why the icon should not match an updated project, I cannot think of it.

and by posting it here someone from the staff will read it, and possibly ad it to the hopper, plus you have a work-around in the meantime :slight_smile:

That’s a great idea for a feature - thanks for the suggestion! We haven’t announced anything like that yet, but I’m going to send it to our product team with a note that it came from a customer request.