In response to "Excessive CPU usage"

I noticed my Macbook was getting hot, checked CPU usage, even before starting the print, when the GF “Ready to print” dialog is up, Chrome Helper is using >300% CPU. It stays that way while the app is “in focus” but not when flipping to a different tab.

Files requested in prior discussion attached.

Profile-20180515T230137.json.zip (4.9 MB)

1 Like

Thanks for getting back to us with these! I’ve passed your details on to the team. We’re looking into it now. I apologize that I don’t have more information right now, but I’ll update this thread when I do.

No worries, no apology needed!!

I used it for a couple of hours the other day (since that post) and the process did not use excessive CPU - so it’s not necessarily repeatable.

Thanks for your patience.

Our developers took a look at this and found that there’s an issue outside the Glowforge app that is contributing to the high CPU usage you are experiencing.

Here are a few things we suggest in case you see this again:

1. Are you using other applications at the same time? If so, try closing those extra applications.
  2. If you are using a laptop, try plugging it in instead of using battery power.
  3. If your laptop or computer doesn’t have a lot of memory available, try freeing up more space.

I’m going to close this topic. Please post a new one if you have any other questions.