In search of thread #100,000

Noticed that we crossed 100k threads, and tried to find the 100,000th just because I was curious who did it, and the closest I could find is 100,001. So close.

Anyone got a sneakier search skillset than I do to find it?

5 Likes

(It’s possible that the threads aren’t strictly sequential, or that someone started a thread and deleted it, or that GF staff did, or that it’s some sort of hidden thread… I assume there are admin threads that we can’t see? I don’t know, I’m guessing… but 100K is eluding me somehow.)

3 Likes

.com/t/topic ID # is supported

Try it with this one.

If it fails, the topic number is no longer valid (or in a private group).

1 Like

Ah, that is what I tried first, and it failed so I assumed the topic title was required, like:

https://community.glowforge.com/t/in-search-of-thread-100-000/109066/3?u=evansd2

So there you go.

I wonder if DM threads have the same number space as open threads?

They are simply sequential. Post two in a row and you’ll see…

It’s an index in a database.
I believe DM’s might also go in the same DB in Discourse. It appears that way.

2 Likes

That would mean that someone somewhere likely has thread 100k in their DMs. Some auto-increment somewhere assigned that to a private thread. What a shame.

That being said, 100001 is a palindrome, so that one is pretty slick too.

5 Likes

Also 33 in binary… so… :smiley:

1 Like

As it comes up with " That page doesn’t exist or is private", there’s no way to know.

I have links to valid DM discussions and former (but still existing) threads that come up with that now.

Correct.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.