Inconsistent Power?

I’ve been getting these odd inconsistencies with cut paths on my material. It seems the laser varies its power when it should not be. Starts the cut thick and ends thin.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

3 Likes

Hmmm, strange. It almost looks like it is coming from the art. If you can share your file, one of us would be glad to look it over for you.

2 Likes

Ick, I had one that did that, and it ended up being replaced. Support will have to check things out to make sure, since it could be something else entirely, but in the meantime don’t leave it unattended, because it could be a greater fire hazard if the power is fluctuating.

Thank you but it has happened on almost every vector I cut out. Whether it be exported from Sketchup, Inkscape or Illustrator.

Hmm, I guess we were unlucky then. I really don’t want to go through the hassle of getting it replaced but if it is a hazard it’s probably a good idea. Thank you.

Hi there @RoyAndCody - sorry to hear you’re running into this trouble with your printer, thanks for reaching out.

I’d like to start by just doing a simple test to see how the lens is behaving in your printer head. If this is slipping out of position mid print it could lead to a behavior like you’re seeing.

Could you please do the following for me?

1. Turn off your Glowforge.

2. Grasp the printer head as shown, and pull gently up and back to disengage the magnets and remove it.

1. Hold your hand directly beneath the bottom of the printer head, and give it a moderate, up-and-down shake.

Does the focusing lens stay inside of the Printer Head, or fall into your hand?

Let me know how it goes!

I’m confused…you posted that you were having inconsistent cuts. Is someone else using your login?

Lol …just found out my son did

Thanks for the reply , I will forward it

Thanks for the help Mike! When shaking the printer head it sounds like there is something loose inside however the lens does not fall out.

My name is David and I’m a Technical Support tech here at Glowforge. Thank you for the information that you’ve provided to my colleague so far. The next steps will have to be done via email. I have sent it via email can you please check your email. To avoid duplicate communication and expedite your process, I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.

1 Like