Index of material settings and a question about engraving

Only photo I have and it’s pretty blurry. The little black lines indenting the branches are actually pretty sharp and not roundy. I can’t remember how long three of them took to cut, but maybe five minutes. I tend to remember the longer prints.

1 Like

I think my attention to super fine details will have to have it’s reigns brought in a little. If I blew the trees up to an inch the final piece would probably end up about 25 feet long. I like the idea of simplifying some of my work. Those illustrations take a hell of a long time to do at that detail.

I’d definitely end up with a charred blob if I had the nerve to drop the design as it is into the machine.

So several years ago I was in a bar, so many of my stories start like this, and the bartender is showing off a poster. It looks like black dots with eight large swooping letters in it. With a 10x magnifying glass you could read all 800,000+ words of the King James bible. All printed on a poster the size you’d expect to find in a kid’s bedroom. One of the bar’s customers worked for a printer and to test out the limits of a new press this is what they decided to print. They gave me one and I had it framed and gave it to my sister as the only religious one in the family. That is when I learned how expensive framing is.

Somewhere around here is the contest Jules and henrybk had to see how small they could go. IIRC Jules was declared the winner by engraving on a grain of rice. The point of all this is generally speaking your material will fail before you reach the limits of your glowforge, but not always. Good luck.

Also, what’s wrong with 25 feet of art? You ordered a pro right?

2 Likes

Ha! no i ordered the basic, I can see me ordering a pro down the line though when this one has paid for itself and they’ve tweaked it perfectly.

Love the sound of that poster, I’m working on a few ideas for etching words fairly small at the moment.