Indiana Jones Display

They FINALLY released some high-quality replicas of the McGuffins from the Indiana Jones movies. I was lucky enough to get all of them (including all three of the Sankara Stones that were limit one per customer…) But had no place to put them.

There were two small gaps in my bookcase that were JUST wide enough, but there are 4 artifacts, and the gaps are 25" high with no way to add shelves without emptying everything out and doing some disassembly.

Then again, I have a GlowForge.

A false board fascia on the spacer box hides the tell-tale checkerboard pattern besides making them look more like crates:

And some scoring on the inside surfaces adds a bit more detail to sell the premise:

Now I just need to find some of that old “excelsior” packing material…

56 Likes

So cool! Love Indiana Jones, and you’ve got some fun collectibles.

12 Likes

Oh, that’s awesome. I love it!

9 Likes

You appear to be a Star Wars fan too!

Nice collection and great way to display your Indy stuff.

14 Likes

That looks really great!If you had a 3D printer, a couple of gold fingers trying to get out of the box would set the mood perfectly!

6 Likes

Clever niching! Your entire display/unit looks awesome.

5 Likes

I just watched all those movies the other day! I think your crates turned out fabulous! Great way to display them. And looking at your other shelves, you have quite the collection!! Love it!

3 Likes

These are awesome!

2 Likes

Nice work man! Perfect scale to fit the space. :sunglasses:
I’m a fan also! Engraved on vellum finish paper.

Google Photos

11 Likes

Another thing I never would have thought of - vellum!

4 Likes

Great way to utilize your space. Looks good!

2 Likes

To be honest, it was refreshing not to be cranking out acrylic coins! After 1,700 or so it got repetitive… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

The displays are wonderful. In fact, the entire room is wonderful. I spy two gorgeous plants, a collection of many Star war items that my son would be in awe of ( he has heads made of legos that he’s made from a kit) and 2 Emmys sitting there proudly. You have a fascinating life. Thank you for giving me a glimpse.

2 Likes

I know that man. 2 customers on three occasions and a total of 10,000 tokens engraved both sides across the jobs. it’s a special kind of tedium.
Were yours masked?

2 Likes

Yeah, but I shipped them that way. They can peel ‘em theirselves…!

4 Likes

I like the way you think.

1 Like

Wow! Indiana Jones. Will have to re-watch those. It has been some time. Of course, I will skip the last one. That one I remember for how terrible it was. You can use a snake as a rope!

2 Likes

What a cool solution to the display problem! I got such a chuckle from the stenciled crate designs.

2 Likes

what a great idea!

2 Likes

For me it was the second one - The Temple of Doom. I hated that one.

1 Like