Inkpad Storage

I loooove this. So precise and tidy! Now that my epic valentine is finished I want to start thinking about how the GF can revolutionize my art supply situation. Not sure I am ready to think about tackling F360 yet though. :expressionless:

4 Likes

What a great idea!

1 Like

My fundamentally morose soul loves anything that breaks with the normally cheery names assigned to colors (Broken China, Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick & Peeled Paint), but I have no idea what I’d do with them as I’ve never heard of a blending foam. And while I gave ideas about what it does (blends stuff), I’m still clueless how to use one. Also, not motivated enough to search YouTube to find out. Maybe some future day.

3 Likes

Turned out great! I did some holders that take 8 pads for my Distress Oxide. Works, but didn’t love the assembly of it. Chipboard was my material, also. Now need to come up with something to hold the blenders … As I prefer one handle per applicator. Or, I’m too lazy to change the applicators?

2 Likes

Pictures, or it never happened! I’d love to see your solution. This project was for my mom, but I may end up doing something different for mine.

Awesome!

Ok, first off … I should have taken another look … it is 2x7 storage. I used the file from Awesome SVG’s to make a set of three of these. I didn’t find it easy to connect … however the glue seems to hold it just fine. I didn’t decorate the outside at all, as I have them sitting in shelves … and they can’t be seen anyway.

My regular distress ink went into storage made on the Silhouette Cameo … and I had made:

That was before the Glowforge, of course!

7 Likes

Well that one looks great too! My dozens of unused ink pads are tossed into a box in the storage room.

I considered it a huge improvement when I stuck a label on the box.:smile:

5 Likes

That’s a great design for shelves vs a box. Especially if it fits the standard cube storage shelf design. Definitely one to consider.

2 Likes

Labels are awesome for unused items! :grinning:

1 Like

6-1/4" wide x 6-5/8" tall.

Cynd11, I am a crafter also and saw this box and would love to get my hands on your pattern. Are you selling the template?
TIA
Royette

Hi @royette, welcome to the community!

I decided to go ahead and post the designs in Free Laser Designs. You can find them here.

2 Likes

Thank you. Can you give a name or size of box that is used. Just so I have an idea what to look for.

Thanks again.

Click on the blue word “here” in her post…it’s a direct link to the file.

2 Likes

Very practical

I really want to make this but for a shelf instead of a box. Is there a file for this that can be edited to fix a different size? I have all the Distress Oxide ink pads too! This is wonderful!

Please be aware that it is against forum guidelines to ask for files. However in this particular case I have already posted them. You will find a link to them at the bottom of my original post (first message in this thread).

1 Like

Oh, sorry, I didn’t realize that. I will remember going forward. I’m a total newbie and just getting ready for my GF Plus which hopefully will be delivered by the end of January. Thank you for the file in your post above. I have saved it and I’m hoping I can edit it so fit my shelf.

Thank you again! I will definitely share my finished project when it’s done.

2 Likes

Looking forward to seeing it! Have fun!

1 Like