Inkscape 1.1 just released

Inkscape gang check it.

https://inkscape.org/news/2021/05/24/welcome-inkscape-11/

20 Likes

Awesome! Thanks!

Thanks for the heads up.

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! I have at last integrated the last update so I may be a while before learning the next one. There are a few that I passed off to Gimp having never managed to control the Inkscape sufficiently.

2 Likes

Does it work better with Mac OS? It was terrible with Mac! Not even useable because of the extreme lag. I hated it and had to start using Affinity Designer instead.

2 Likes

Dunno, Iā€™m a pc guy.

2 Likes

Iā€™m hoping it does work better with Mac because, other than the extreme lag, I really liked it.

1 Like

My impression is that there was a lot of attention to the Mac OS as that would be the greater source of complaints.

1 Like

The release notes donā€™t sound promising. Youā€™d think if theyā€™d made any significant performance improvements theyā€™d at least mention them, but the macOS-specific part only mentions a new icon, fixed Visio importing, and the removal(!) of Postscript support (they ran into legal problems with bundling ghostscript). Hopefully they get the legal issues of Ghostscript figured out for future versions.

macOS-specific Changes

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up - off to download it now.

1.0 has been great

2 Likes

Thank You

1 Like

i have slowly been figuring inscape out since I got my forge. will check this out.

1 Like

The ā€˜Export PNG Imageā€™ dialog now exports PNGs with one click instead of two.

I may weep tears of joy.

6 Likes

for a year, i thought it was broken. then I figured out the 2nd click. someone was not fully awake when they designed that.

6 Likes

PANIC
Iā€™ve been using 1.1 for the last couple of days, and noted improvements, but this morning as soon as I try to rename a file that I want to keep in its altered version, and hit the ā€˜save asā€™ button, the whole program closes !!!
Iā€™ve tried several times, and also restarted the program, but to no avail.
In the middle of rush job, and somewhat b*****ed.
Anyone else with this problem - Iā€™m running it in Ubuntu 20.04 currently as my OS .
John
EDIT
Just been on the Inkscape Community, and was advised to re-install, as it was a known bug that was sorted with a new build a few hours ago !

4 Likes

Same @mark14 I cannot count the number of times I have forgotten that second click.

3 Likes

Not happy with 1.1 on a Mac. Crashes, etc. Going back to 1.0.2

1 Like

On my end:

• ESCAPE no longer exits the current toolā€¦you have to press ā€œSā€. Moderately frustrating.

• Pressing the DELETE key on the keyboard doesnā€™t work to delete an object.

1 Like

Had my problem solved by a new build today. Re-installed and mine is now good to go.

1 Like

Iā€™m going to let the bugs work themself out before the upgradeā€¦ This is not a situation where I want to be a guinea pig for a mass release. :slight_smile:

4 Likes