Inkscape design and glowforge not recognizing design

I have a 7 layered design, mandala style. I rotated the inkscape design 90 degrees to utilize my wood better. When I loaded it into the glowforge area to be lasered, the lines came up as dashed. Glowforge said no art was there when I pressed the print button. Any idea what is going on? I’ve not experienced this before or on other lasers. I included a picture. Hope is shows.
dashed lines on file in glowforge from rotated file

1 Like

It appears as though you may need to reposition your image so that it doesn’t enter the grayed out area of the GUI.

6 Likes

your art is running off the bed area, if its all grouped then ungroup and cut one at a time

6 Likes

When your design is in the usable area of the bed, your lines will turn solid. Dashed lines means the art is not fully on the bed. In your pictures, you can see part of the design off of the board.

2 Likes

This would only work if the material was moved, and unless there is space to allow for being a couple of millimeters off. Being a half millimeter off otherwise can be a big problem.

1 Like

Hey @joeandpenny.wa, this is a great question! It looks like some other users offered correct suggestions - in your picture, you can see on the right-hand side of the screen, you have a small part of your design that is outside of the printable area. If you position your design a few millimeters to the left and a few millimeters up, you should be able to get solid lines and print your design! Also, do make sure you select a material in the top left-hand corner of your print screen.

If you still continue to get this error after moving your design onto the print space, please let us know! For now, I’m going to close this thread. Thanks everyone for the responses!