Inkscape to glowforge

I am a newbie, How do I get my file transferred to inkspace then go on the glowforge

Welcome to the forum.
From the interface, you can click the + and select upload, then upload your file fro Inkscape. You can also drag and drop files from your computer onto the interface or into the Dashboard.

3 Likes

You can copy and paste into inkscape then make any changes etc. When done save as .svg and in GF choose new design and then click the + button at center top and upload the file from wherever you saved it.

1 Like

Thanks to @dklgood and @beerfaced for your input.

Just to expand on what you have already read, Glowforge is compatible with JPG, PNG, SVG, PDF, and other file formats. You can create Glowforge-compatible files from a variety of different software platforms in addition to Inkspace, like Adobe Illustrator, CorelDraw, Adobe Photoshop, GIMP, Autodesk Fusion 360, & Sketchup. To print a file, just drag-and-drop it directly on our app, which appears as a web page in your browser. There, it will automatically interpret them (engraving bitmaps, cutting lines) and show you a preview of the results. You can drag the images around on your material to position them where you want them. If you’re not happy with the defaults, you can also manually adjust settings like speed and power.

For a more in-depth tutorial, I suggest the following page: Make a Gift Tag from Scratch using Inkscape.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.