Inlaid Acrylic Banana plate

Inlaid acrylic plate made with 3mm non PG acrylic. Monkey macarons not made on a Glowforge :blush:. I added some intentional grooves and texture to give the bananas a little dimension. I polished the plate on my bench grinder with a wheel and some compound plus the use of a stainless brush to soften the deeper grooves. Still looking for a better finishing solution, but for a first try I’m pretty happy!

38 Likes

That is awesome!!! I love the way it turned out!

4 Likes

Thank you!!!

1 Like

Fabulous tray & fun way to present those great macaroons!!

3 Likes

Super cute

3 Likes

Question before opening the post: “What’s a ‘banana plate?’”
Questions remaining: none

This is really nice!

3 Likes

So cute! I would say the plate was a must.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Who knew there was such a thing! Great work on the plate, needs a real banana for scale :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh, that is just adorable! And the monkey macaroons are irresistible.

2 Likes

I’m pretty much a functional, no frills or bling kind of guy. But every once and a while I see a project like this and it brings joy to my heart.

Monkey macaroons on a banana plate. All home made. Worth the price of admission here!

5 Likes

Everything is wonderful about this, the notion of the banana plate, the cutest macaroons, and not least the artwork - great job!

1 Like

What a fun design and presentation! I love the whole project!

1 Like

Those are some fine looking cookies………they look great on your banana. :blush:

1 Like

That is the cutest! I can’t even make regular macarons look nice, much less fancy monkey ones.

2 Likes

Ha ha. They’ve become my second obsession after cutting acrylic lol

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

That is a very nice project! It would be nice ot have a set of those for serving other desserts, etc. Nicely done! And the macaroons - nice touch! When are you making the peach, cherry and pear plate?

3 Likes

Working on a cake plate next!

2 Likes