Inlay - Again (abalone this time)

Okay y’all, I think I finally figured it all out. This time, it’s abalone inlaid into the top layer of three layer of veneer. I used less attractive veneer for the bottom two, and fumed eucalyptus for the top layer.

It’s a good thing my singing partner has a ton of guitars for me to practice on. :rofl:

48 Likes

Oh my—-this is delicate. I love this. Was it difficult?

7 Likes

Thank you! :heart: It took me a few tries. I got too detailed on wings and tail and had to simplify.

5 Likes

I see a beautiful pair of earrings.

5 Likes

Wonderful! Keep going! it is looking super! So much potential here.

5 Likes

I will try some soon!! I haven’t quite learned the trick of making earrings so they hang facing forward. :thinking:

2 Likes

@MakerMatthew Thanks!! :heart: I’m having fun!

1 Like

YouTube has thousands of videos showing how to assemble lots of different types of earrings.

Will this video help?

4 Likes

@JimmyWayneWestie Yes! Thank you! :heart:

3 Likes

This is absolutely stunning!

5 Likes

Gosh, I like this one even better!

I finally got my piece of Paua shell I got from your recommended supplier. Just need to come up with a project for it.

3 Likes

@rvogt Thank you!! :heart: it’s the first one my inner critic let me be totally happy about. Ha!

1 Like

@cynd11 Thanks!! And this one is the pink and green paua, so it should give you an idea how it will look when you come up with your design. :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Very nice!

3 Likes

That is incredible! I need to trawl the forum to work out how to do that.
Nice job :relaxed:

4 Likes

Beautiful effect! :grinning:

6 Likes

Its beautiful!

4 Likes

@beerfaced Thanks! :heart:

2 Likes

@digitalhammurabi Thanks! :heart: And yes! There is some info here in the community. I put a link in a previous post to the Etsy site where I have purchased the abalone and the mother of pearl I used in previous projects.

2 Likes

@Jules Thank you!! :heart:

2 Likes