Inlay Earrings inspired by all of you

I am super new to this laser cutting, but happen to have 20 years of experience with computer vector art.

I decided to try some inlays and learn the kerf at the same time. I used Walnut, Purple Heart and white pearl acrylic. Took about 3 try’s to get the kerf right.

Looking for any suggestions on finishing a project like this to look better than what you see in the photo. Before sand and gloss and after.

Thanks for all the inspiration and help during this awesome journey.

48 Likes

What a great design! Kudos for jumping right into inlays.
Perhaps a satin or oil finish would be more pleasing? Seems the gloss is overwhelming the delicate design.

8 Likes

Looks Great!

4 Likes

Love the design…and the presentation looks very professional. I commend you for getting right to it learning about kerf and inlay. I’ve not done any inlay…yet…and it took me a long time to understand kerf and finally try it on my own.

I’m in agreement about the gloss finish overwhelming the design…that being said, great job!

5 Likes

Thanks. Oil sounds good. Btw, this is the chemical compound for Dopamine.

6 Likes

The benefit of doing a 3 material inlay was that I only had to adjust the middle piece for kerf. Thanks for the input.

4 Likes

NIce work! Maybe just a buff with some bee’s wax?

3 Likes

Nice to work! Love the mother of pearl inlay.

3 Likes

I love both versions.

2 Likes

I was wondering about that :slightly_smiling_face: A great thought for hidden information beyond the obvious.

1 Like

Nailed it!

Good way tostart.

Oh these are pretty! Great job!

1 Like

That’s dope!

2 Likes