Inlay frame

This isn’t my first project, but it came out really well so I wanted to share. I still need to clean it up a bit and add the (laser cut, of course) acrylic and a picture. I have no idea what kinds of wood are in the inlay, I just used some veneer from a sample pack which were not labeled. I couldn’t have done it without all the extremely helpful folks here who were willing to answer my newbie questions, so thanks!

41 Likes

Great job!

2 Likes

Nice ! :smile:

2 Likes

Looks great!

2 Likes

Pretty! I have one of those veneer sample packs… this is a great way to utilize it.

2 Likes

Love the pattern with the different veneers! :grinning:

2 Likes

Really nice. I love that the veneer crosses and locks in the miter joint.

2 Likes

Thanks! I guess you can tell which corner I did last… By that time I was ready to be done with it, and I had glue everywhere but where I wanted it, seems like (the tube busted somewhere along the way, argh).

1 Like

Looks great! Love the different woods.

2 Likes

It’s fantastic!

1 Like

Those things only the maker sees. When I look at my own projects I see everything that wish would have went differently. It is really well done.

On a side note. When there are things to be done around the house I prefer to hire someone to do the work, because I know, if I did it I would see every mistake I made forever. The contractor could make the same mistake and I most likely wouldn’t see it, and even it I did it wouldn’t bother me at all.

7 Likes

Truth!! Although, there are a couple things in my house a contractor did that I see and that bug me. Not that I could have done it better of course. Just hard to un-see something sometimes :slight_smile:

(The funniest thing is that I don’t need any more picture frames, just wanted to see if I could do it. Guess it’s going in the Christmas gift closet!)

4 Likes

Oooo, beautiful!

3 Likes

It is just beautiful! Excellent job!

Thanks everyone! Of course, when a relative saw it, I immediately got a request to make another one. The answer was, absolutely, positively, NO! LOL. Maybe later when things don’t take four or five times longer than they should due to my user error :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hmm…

:santa::gift:

Well, actually, I decided after all that time and labor, and because I like it myself, I’m keeping it :slight_smile:

I would be much better off if I stopped to write down stuff though, I admit. If I had done that, I would know what settings I used that ended up working, and would have kept all the files intact instead of just modifying one to change it when I needed to modify the veneer sizes due to kerf, etc. You would think what I ended up with would be the final, but you would be mistaken because dumb me just deleted what worked before and added something new to try.

Anyway, if I ever do it again, hopefully I’ll remember how I got to that point at least, and it won’t take so long. I’m just not ready to go back there yet :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Very nice!

2 Likes

Very pretty!

4 Likes