Inspecting the troops

@Shell and I stayed late after Laser Thursday last night to play around with some non-laser-related office toys.

30 Likes

That’s just mean.

(Zipping by too quickly for us salivating dogs to pick up any details!) :smile:

9 Likes

baahhh i want one…
although you can read the sticker on the last printer:
WHOAforge
Optimal F----? (food? floor?)
Chipboard
(wide kerf on thicker material)

6 Likes

Love the new office space…

6 Likes

What are you riding

4 Likes

Looks like the new Segway.

5 Likes

You are a tease @dan

5 Likes

I notice all three GFs are situated in central locations not near a wall, with silvery ductwork that seems to go down to the floor, so it would be interesting to know what kind of exhaust it all ties in to.

3 Likes

Those are plugged in to external air filters made by a third party company, although one of the Glowforge units yesterday was running on a Glowforge air filter - it just wasn’t in view.

11 Likes

That begs the question, did it perform as expected? Or would you rather not say?

5 Likes

Oh, how I would love a office tour video. Just saying. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Totally! It passed the “Dan’s nose” test with flying colors… spinning up more quantitative testing now.

12 Likes

Yahooo! So glad to know there is a GF filter somewhere! This is the first mention I’ve seen of an actual unit in existence.

6 Likes

Thanks for inviting us in. Subzero refrigeration there? Nice and roomy!

4 Likes

That’s what I was thinking! I paused/played through it just so I could see a bit more. :grinning:

2 Likes

It IS the new Segway! My husband and I bought one a few years ago, and though so much fun and an amazing experience, it was a money pit. Anytime anything happened to any part, it was so expensive to maintain that we finally sold it. Loved it though.

5 Likes

Amazon just had them on sale for $700. I think they’re $800 now.

I have a cheaper Chinese knockoff (see a pattern here :grinning:) that is now banned everywhere because people didn’t read the charging directions on toasted the batteries. LiPo batteries are not simply plug in for a few hours or days. Heck my drone batteries have a special bag to store them in so they don’t catch other stuff on fire if they go off.

3 Likes

Now we know where all that crowd funding money went. :wink:

6 Likes

Help Dan pay for that house!

looking good there! Was it filmed with a quadcopter or just a very nice gimbal+ camera?

iDD

2 Likes

If memory serves, our fridge was a Craigslist special.

That’s how we’ll make our getaway.

That was @shell following me around on a second segway with a gimbal-stabilized iphone.

8 Likes