Inspecting the troops

Please no more Segways until production units flying out of assembly! And gimbals rock.

2 Likes

Tube and inside of the glass looked very dirty. Will we need to clean those as part of regular maintenance?

Nice big office! Guess yā€™all rally have grown by leaps and bounds.

2 Likes

dan has said that they have a no clean policy to see what level of dirty over what time accumulates and where if it impacts performance

5 Likes

I imagine from the look of the space you are all a fairly thrifty lot. No $15,000 conferences tables. I do see all kitchen stuff as tools and it pays to buy quality, especially if itā€™s a Craiglist find.

2 Likes

Play at work is good.

Jack being dull and what have you.

5 Likes

Yes, I saw that on Amazonā€¦and boy, I was tempted. My husband has quite noticeable balance issues now though, so Iā€™m pretty sure something like this would not be a great idea. We paid around $5,000 for ours. If you donā€™t take care of the batteries, they were $1,800 for a pair. Fortunately, not something we had to do. We had to replace a damaged fender and some other thing onceā€¦horrendously expensive. Maybe thatā€™s all changed now. In my opinion, thatā€™s why more people at that time didnā€™t own oneā€¦the big ticket purchase amount. We were the only people in our little town to own one, and we could have caused a lot of mishaps around town from people staring as we sailed by. :smirk: Goshā€¦what fun it was, though .:heart_eyes:

1 Like

@rachael told me a story on her first day that one of her old teammates had promptly fractured a wrist on the first generation of hoverboards. Safety gear is on its way. :slight_smile:

Exactly what @clone said - we like to keep them dirty just in case some of you all decide to do the same. :slight_smile:

Depends a lot on the subject. Weā€™ve written checks for $50,000 to expedite a part that could threaten our schedule, but we use ikea desks and bought our chairs secondhand.

That sounds like a sight!

9 Likes

Exactly my worries! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have one in the office and one of my guys tried it. Fell off and hurt his ribs. Doctor told him he shouldnā€™t be playing on ā€œthose thingsā€ but said heā€™d be fine in a couple of weeks.

Three weeks later heā€™s still not any better. Goes back to the doctor. They donā€™t know why heā€™s still in serious pain so they do a bunch of tests. Turns out he has (had) cancer. But the good news is it was caught soon enough to be treated and heā€™s fine now. Doctor said heā€™d likely never have noticed anything was wrong if he hadnā€™t gotten hurt and didnā€™t heal as expected so they did more tests. If they hadnā€™t found it when they did the prognosis would have been grim.

So for all the naysayers about these out there, they can save lives! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

we have a few of the big ones here for the facility guys and security. So a couple of years ago I was joshing with the head carpenter so said sure give it a try. I promptly god about 100feet and crashed it into a spine of cubicals it was fun

3 Likes