Interface "typo" - 'engrave' on 'score' settings panel

Not a big deal… When customizing score settings, the word ‘engrave’ is still showing on the custom settings panel (just above the number of passes and focus settings).

On the cut settings, it does read cut.

I saw the “engrave” and my paranoia got to me, so I clicked “back” to confirm I had indeed clicked score… which of course resets to PG presets, so had to redo my custom settings.

Again, just a simple thing, an easy thing to overlook.

4 Likes

I’ve noticed recently that it takes a minute to sync up the change, both on the example you gave and when switching amount of items being cut or engraved on the project

4 Likes

Hello! Could you let us know if you are still encountering this trouble?
If so, please share a time and date that this occurred and the name of the design so that we can investigate deeper.

I’ll be burnin’ and testin’ another issue this weekend. Will definitely post up by Sunday evening.

Yes. The word ‘engrave’ still appears on the score custom settings panel. Whether I’ve gotten to that panel from a GF score setting or one of my saved score presets.

Again, this is not a big issue, and does not affect performance in anyway. The step does score as it should. As far as I can tell, it’s simply a wrong label on the panel.

Thanks.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Go to https://app.glowforge.com
  2. Click “Create” > “New blank design”
  3. Click the shape button and insert any shape
  4. Click the shape in the left panel, choose “Score”, then click “Manual” or the arrow next to any preset

The score settings panel appears, which has the word “engrave” within the panel.

No specific design is required to reproduce this, but if you wish, you can download my square from design 7bg1AYAFv81DDsRJBNtY4XdHe6V4P called “new design” created on 10/23/2021 at 8:38 PM ET.

2 Likes

That’s the screen cap I needed here. Thanks!

Thank you for all of the details @dan84. We are seeing this too and are currently looking into. I will let you know as soon as I have an update to share.

Thank you for your patience. The team is working on a change that will help eliminate any of the confusion. I am going to go ahead and close this post for now. If you have any further questions, please feel free to start a new post or reach out to us at support@glowforge.com. Thanks again for pointing this out!

1 Like