Interlock alert on my brand new Glowforge pro

ALERT “INTERLOCK OPEN”:

I have read the other posts but I am not sure how far out or how it should look on the interlock pin to make sure it is properly situated. I see the round black circular plug with what looks like a staple sticking out of it. I can see all sides of the pin. I am not sure if it should be flush to the black plug or sticking out a bit.

Please help. Thank you.

1 Like

It should be fully seated. You can pull it out and push it back in as far as it can go.

2 Likes

Thank you. I will try that now. When I turn on the machine it will only stay on a few seconds and that is only if I unplug the power cord from the unit, plug it back up then turn it on.

1 Like

This is what it looks like fully inserted
/uploads/db6859/optimized/3X/c/2/c290b78276b6097d3d59cd285c53db7c74c398f0_2_375x500.jpeg

1 Like

Thank you. I see it is inserted correctly but that is not the issue any more as the machine has completely died and will not come on at all. I am still waiting to hear from tech support.

1 Like

Ah well :frowning:

Support doesn’t officially work on the weekends, so now that it’s the week you should hear shortly.

1 Like

On my first pro the on off switch was funny . You had to turn it on real slow you would hear a click then a second one the it would power up . Some times you would cut it on two or three times cut it off wait about 30 seconds then it would cut on

Hello @iyomi_fashions I’m so sorry your receiving an Interlock Open message. I noticed that you sent us a previous forum post. I’m going to go ahead and close this post and reply to you there.