International Shipping Latest

Canada, Basic. Still waiting on mine, tho my Estimated Delivery Date is still “December 14 2018”. Haven’t gotten an email or Fedex notification about it yet.

1 Like

I would be contacting support and following that up. Almost 1 month past the expected date with no contact is ridiculous. I’m in Australia and my date is still showing as April 30 2019 but I’m not holding my breath. The longer the company is in business the less the founders seem to matter. Nearly 3 months since we’ve had an update. @dan I’m not sure if you are even still reading these posts because there have been a lot of requests for updates and not a single response from you to even acknowledge it and maybe say when we can expect it. There are s lot of founders starting to loose faith in this company and if you expect us to continue to wait we need to know what is happening and as per previous comments that have been made by other founders still waiting the compensation needs to be amped up. Maybe instead of $20 per month wait it should be $100 a month. That might give Glowforge the incentive they need to fulfill their promises instead of us being pushed back again and again while you continue to fill new domestic orders before your founders orders. @dan can you at the very least acknowledge that you are ready the feedback being left on this forum and give us an update.

5 Likes

What is the deference between the two ? I’m thinking to switch too, I’m tired from waiting and no updates

Where can see these info ?

@dan it would be great to get an update for those of us still waiting. Even if there is not a huge amount to tell us a courtesy ping would be nice to see that you and your team care for all of us who backed your business. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply. Great to hear. :slight_smile:

Glad to hear international shipping seems to be slowly ticking along… But now it looks like I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed until June 30 for an Australian shipment :sob: Lucky I’ve got plenty of other projects to keep me busy this year!

Maybe I can move to Canada by then :thinking:

If you’re in Canada and ordered a Basic, we’ve been trying to reach you! Please email support@glowforge.com.

2 Likes

I wish it wasn’t so painful going. The Canadian Basic & Plus customers (and the whole EU) can vouch for the fact that we do keep making progress. It’s just frustratingly slow and unpredictable. I’m sorry.

2 Likes

Dan my shipping date just moved to jun from April it feels like the date will never arrive and my grandson will be surprised one day with aglowforge his grandfather ordered before he died.

Do u think we will really receive it in a life-time ?

The funny thing is it was planned to be a gift for my brother when he graduated medical school now he finished his residency and still waiting. I offered to help in getting paper work and certifications with the Saudi Customs.

We have supported your team from day one and stood by for years we deserve more detailes and info on how far you have worked on the process for this to reach us overseas other than “we are still working on it” please tell me that you commiunicated the respective agency in my country to clear the Glowforge at least. You don’t want to talk about specifics for each country which keeps us in the dark hoping for something may be never started.

If this is confusing for you it 100x confusing for us

Thank you
BTW I write this becuase I belief in your product and love it… own your part of the deal and give us specifics

3 Likes

@dan to coincide with you update I got a SHOCK today to see that my shipping date for Australia has slipped again from April now to June. I am totally sick of finding out again and again that the date keeps slipping. Especially when it comes with no explanation. Talk about pouring salt in the wound when I read the update to hear how Make Magazine has had theirs for 2 years already. I ordered on the 27 Sept 2015 and here we are looking to June-Sept 2019 for my Glowforge and filter respectively.

6 Likes

I realize, and I’m so sorry for the additional delay. Unfortunately the compliance and logistics challenges for some countries have dragged on much, much longer than others. We haven’t given up fighting to get you your Glowforge, though.

1 Like

@dan yet another nothing update on international delivery. “We’re working on it” instills little faith that anything is happening at all. ‘We have delivered half our product range to 1 more country’ is pretty slow going.

As an Australian founder - by the time we get to the updated June delivery, it’s going to be almost 4-years. I had plans of creating wedding invites with the unit we ordered… not only are we now married, we are expecting twins to arrive before the glowforge. That is an utterly ridiculous delay.

@dan Even if you can’t give specifics on different countries, can you please detail what “tireless effort” looks like - and what you’re doing to up-resource / escalate a solution to this debacle.

6 Likes

Another update another disappointment - April shifting to June. I don’t know what to say @dan that hasn’t been said before. As a day one backer, my support has been repaid with stream on constant humiliations. Each time my date gets close and I think it might just happen it moves again. I feel like Charlie Brown and the football

When will I learn.

6 Likes

Have you actually considered that maybe you shouldn’t be offering something you can’t deliver on? If you can’t ship to certain countries then don’t offer to sell the unit on your website with what seems to be an imaginary date.

It seems a better option at this stage would be to have the ability to request a refund and if we want to purchase when you can ship that we are still offered the original founders price instead of the Increased price as I could be using these funds that you have sitting in your account to gain interest in my own. This would be a better option for me then credits in the proofgrade store which it seems unlikely I will be able to access

4 Likes

Every time I check my expected shipment date it has been pushed further and further back. I ordered the Pro + filter in Oct 2015. I am a founding member. By the time I can use it (having both shipped-_IF_it ships when forecasted this time it will be just a few weeks short of FOUR Years). Can you tell me with any certainty that this is an attainable approximate date? This is exceptionally frustrating! I understand there can be delays, but…please just give me the facts up front.

3 Likes

Yes, it is. Unfortunately when it comes to compliance and logistics, there are constant opportunities for third parties to insert very long delays with little warning. When that happens, we plan workarounds and try again. This is our best estimate right now.

I’m so sorry for the delays!

2 Likes

Canadian order, glowfordge pro, just delayed again from Feb 28, to May 31st!

Originally I thought the shipping estimate in our accout was a good idea, a nice way to manage expectations, but now it’s just becoming a bit of a joke!

After all this time even with a 3% interest rate I have lost over 1,000! Or to look at it another way the GF cost me an additional $1000!!!

At the very least glowfordge should have refunded our money with an opportunity to purchase at the original price once they are able to reliably ship it!!!

2 Likes

How many Glowforge units did you buy? Your pain is understandable but the math is strange.

1 Like