International Shipping Latest

The early boxes were pretty much destructible shock absorbers. No hard edge protection, no extra sealing tape, no banding. Most of the boxes arrived pretty banged up. Should I need to send the unit back, would give it a 50/50 chance of arriving more damaged than it leaves home.

Looks like yours is packed well.

4 Likes

Yes the package look good I have make a fast check up this morning before go to the job.

The 2 packages are clean , no hole, scratch or other hint of destruction.

1 Like

I just spawned off a new topic for those who just got one. We are sliding off topic and those still waiting probably donā€™t want to hear us gush.

4 Likes

@dan, as a suggestion, when a user without a glowforge logs into www.glowforge.com we get presented with the page ā€œhttps://glowforge.com/no_glowforgeā€ ā€” However, the ā€œI purchased my Glowforge and the box isnā€™t here yet.ā€ section only links to ā€˜tutorialsā€™ ā€“ could you please instead add a link to the ā€˜accountā€™ page ā€” some of us hold a small amount of hope that the date shown there might finally be the one that sticks.

2 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree. Itā€™s actually difficult to get to the account view. Not a great experience, and certainly one that pours salt on the wound.

Iā€™m still hopeful for August but it would be really nice to have some more detail on the progress.

1 Like

14th of July now and delivery date on my account still says July 31, 2019 (been changed umpteen times already), am I being over optimistic for Hong Kong delivery when Canada just starting to receive them now?

2 Likes

I really hope not and feel your pain. All i can say its its worth the wait. even if it was like 4 yrs lol.

2 Likes

I am from HK too and share the same feeling as youā€¦ I hope @dan can response to this question. We have been waiting for too longā€¦ :frowning:

1 Like

I will pass the suggestion along to the team!

We always update as soon as we get concrete new information, so the date on the site now is the latest we have. Iā€™m so sorry weā€™re not there yet!

2 Likes

Hi Dan, appreciate your response, the delivery date on my account said 31st July 2019, but receive no email nor any update if this date is accurate or not. Any further update is appreciated. Cheers!

Any update for Australia?

5 Likes

Yes please. @dan

Cant help feeling Dejavu - just over one month out from the Shipping Date (Aug 31) checking daily to see if it move three months forward. Iā€™ve lost track of the number of bumps and disappointments since backing it on day 2 of the original crowdfund campaign.

It would be good to know if any progress has been made with Australia. Itā€™s been years!!!

Hoping

8 Likes

what is going on Dan, my shipment late again, last time it was promised april 2019 and I make the order 2016 and it keeping getting late again and again, if you are not planing to send it and just buying time so we could forget or die or what? I never dealt with a US company doing the same, they are keeping there promise all the time, please just tell us the truth.

by the way Dan, Saudi Arabia do not hold any personal shipment for rules or any, so please it is not excuse, please send it on time

Hi @dan, the delivery date of GF on my account said 31st July 2019, yet I still not receive any email nor update on it. Appreciate if you can update me on this. Thanks!

1 Like

@Dan my delivery date is July 31st it is now August 5th. No email, no updates no nothing. I know Iā€™m not the only international customer that has been waiting for YEARS! I have watched my date change more times than I can count so you can only imagine how frustrating it is to watch it creep towards my date and for once it doesnā€™t change at the last moment to then pass it by with no update of any kind.
Please I beg of you give us an update! Are our machines coming? Is there a new updated date? Please give us something.

4 Likes

@dan Would you please share with us the update about the international shipping? It has been a week since my last message (as well as the delivery date as shown in my account page)ā€¦Please at least update us even if you need to postpone the shipping date AGAIN. Thanks!

2 Likes

Just received the fantastic news from Dan that Hong Kong is now shipping, the wait is over. Thank you Dan.

14 Likes

Thatā€™s brilliant news! :grin: Iā€™ll keep my fingers crossed for Aussie shipments being soon to follow.

7 Likes