International Shipping Latest

There’s been a confirmed pro delivered, so it shouldn’t be the case…

T

4 Likes

hi caseythornton did you get yours my just got pushed back to october 2019 its been on order now for 14 months

Nope, mine’s also been pushed back to the end of October. I’ve had it on order since October '15.

2 Likes

You’re very, very welcome!

We’ve already got some across the pond - we’re a little delayed in finishing all of them. We’ll let you know as soon as yours is ready.

We have now (finally!) unlocked direct shipment to Canada. Even better, if you’re in Canada, and you have a Glowforge, we can now offer warranty service directly!

Some of you got it early, but some will take a little longer - I believe your estimated delivery date on Glowforge - the 3D laser printer is now correct (and hopefully pessimistic, as we’re trying to be conservative in our estimates but deliver faster).

Indeed. As noted, we’re actively working on it, and will let everyone know when the shop is available for international deliveries.

4 Likes

Oh - and if you happen to be reading down here but not up top - there are updates in the original post!

3 Likes

So if we got the magic email, but then the delivery date on the glowforge.com/account page jumped again… what does that mean?
Are we waiting another 8 weeks and should expect another shipping email (or more delays) later?
Or is the 8 weeks from the email to the date that’s now showing on the account page the estimated actual shipping time?

Some clarification would be appreciated.

2 Likes

@dan yep my date too seems to have slipped to October 31st now.

1 Like

Amazing news! However, here’s my input. I just paid $732 to return a warranty from the US Virgin Islands… And it will cost another $200 to drop ship from Miami. So I’m a US Citizen residing in a US territory but outside of Warranty shipping…

AND you ship to Hawaii! I know a state but really… And when I inquired about a refund difference if it was picked up in the US. No go…

1 Like

Have your order arrived yet? I ordered in October 2015 (for Brisbane) and keep getting the delivery date bumped back. I saw a note that some in Australia had got their printers this month (Sep 2019) - but not me. Is anyone in possession yet???

1 Like

Sometimes it sucks living in Australia, we tend to be about the last ones on anyones list.

1 Like

Now got a delivery date of 31 Oct, keeps getting pushed back

Hey @dan, I desperately need some assistance and have got nothing back from your busy support team.

Good news - My Glowforge is in the country.
Bad news - Customs needs more detail than I can provide them, and the information that came with the Glowforge seemed to be not enough.

I have 4 days left to get it resolved or my Glowforge is going to be travelling back to the US of A.

I’ve had 3 half hour conversations with FedEx reps here trying to give them the exact information that they require but I can’t give them exactly what they need and I dare say that any of the other Australian shipments will have the same issue.

I Have made a few attempts at contacting support since Saturday and I know they’re inundated at the moment but I need to get this resolved. Below is the guts of the request from Australian Customs via FedEx. I’m posting this here so any other Aussies that are still waiting on their GF can put in a request for this info for their order too:

The above mentioned shipment has encountered Australian customs clearance or
quarantine delays.

In order to clear this shipment, FedEx requires submission of the following documents:

Itemized Commercial Invoice
COMMERCIAL INVOICE REQUIRES:

1. Exact description of goods
  2. A detailed list of what the contents are and used for
  3. Unit price + total invoice value for each item ($0 value is not acceptable, even if the item is supplied free of charge)
  4. Quantities of each commodity
  5. Invoice total must match declared value on Airway bill

To maintain efficient and reliable service for all of our customers, FedEx allocates five business days to complete clearance. If the information required for the clearance is not received by 20-SEP-2019, the package may be returned to the sender, as per the conditions of contract on the reverse side of the FedEx international air waybill.

The cost of this return shipment will be billed to the original payor.

Thank you for choosing FedEx. I look forward to hearing back from you.

3 Likes

Start a new topic in Problems and Support with the title “Time Sensitive Shipping Emergency - Need info within 4 days. - Australia”.

Then send it to them directly with the same title to support@glowforge.com. (Normally one or the other is enough, but this is a special circumstance.)

Good luck!

(By the way, I flagged that to make sure they see it quickly. There’s no other issue with the post.)

3 Likes

Hope you got this resolved. Just curious as to when you received an email from GF that your item was shipping? You previously stated your delivery was pushed back to 31 October (like most Australian orders) and now your GF is in the country?

Yeah it definitely still is 31 October in my acccount info, but late on friday night I got an email and an SMS from FedEx saying that it was awaiting clearance in Customs. I wasn’t expecting it to come in so quickly. Nice surprise though.

Thanks Jules, will do!

OK thanks for that. So nothing from GF just FedEx? Will have to keep an eagle eye out for any emails.

No nothing that I could see from GF, just FedEx.

1 Like

The support team has been in touch and their logistics crew is sorting it out. :smiley:
Will post the details of what satisfied Australian Customs when it’s all sorted so that if others have this trouble they know what to provide ahead of time.

10 Likes

Excellent! Thanks for following up and letting folks know it’s being handled. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes