Inventables - Back Ordered

Just FYI: Every item I ordered last night will be shipped out 12/26. All of it was back ordered. It’s not a particularly large order… but it doesn’t bode well for anyone trying to get supplies from them before Christmas.

Not broken hearted, just an excuse for me to go visit TAP Plastics! Thought I’d give ya’ll a heads up in case you were thinking of using your gift certificate for Christmas supplies.

Black Acrylic Sheet - 24112-01

Qty on back-order: 2
Expected ship date: 12/26/2017

Soft Maple - 25771-03
http://www.inventables.com/technologies/soft-maple--2
Qty on back-order: 3

Padauk - 30180-02

Qty on back-order: 1

Walnut - 25369-03

Qty on back-order: 1

6 Likes

Half of my order came in, the rest was backordered. Luckily nothing was critical for the projects I’m working on. The mahogany I ordered came in, so I used that instead of the padauk I’d originally planned to use.

1 Like

All of my order came two days after I placed the order about a week ago. My guess is, with their current $100 offer their inventory has been hit hard.

6 Likes

Same here.

I bet. That offer was the reason I put an order in.

3 Likes

i must have hit mine just in time. only the padauk was backordered.

Dang. I have to order some mahogany.

I have yet to order, but don’t care that much when it arrives. Already mostly enough material for current zapping.

(Which reminds me, I need to try the colored MDF and see if it does anything nice. That would be a good addition to the stash)

That was one of the few that I actually received.

Yeah, these are also on back-order:

White Delrin® Sheet - 30348-01
http://www.inventables.com/technologies/white-delrin-sheet

Purpleheart - 25769-03

Matte Black on Silver Engravable Acrylic Sheet - 30716-01

I compared their BB prices to what I bought on Amazon from Woodpeckers (which cuts great) and Inventables seems high. What am I missing? I am VERY new to all this so I really value y’alls opinion :slight_smile: Of course they DO have beautiful wood but I just wonder about the value.

And if you order the $100 deal do you know if you can pay part of it with the founders gift certificate and still get the Inventables $100 deal?

1 Like

someone emailed them and asked and were told gift cards are valid payment for the $100 deal.

1 Like

I plan on placing an order soon to take advantage of that very order.

I was really hoping Inventables would have more oddball laser materials like stamp rubber. At least their acrylic selection is good.

I placed an order with the Gift Code, but my order was more than $150 so I can saw for sure. You can call them at 312-775-7009 and ask them.

They will have a markup, but they have tested their material for CNC and lasers.