Ipad pro upload support on web interface?

Glowforge would be incredible on ipad - and it looks like it’s 99% of the way there :open_mouth:

I see some old threads from last year on people running into the same problem I have: clicking upload doesn’t do anything. Any update on this progress? I don’t need a full fledged ipad app (though sure, that would be cool too), all I really need is support for uploading a new file. That would let me use affinity designer for ipad for just about everything.

1 Like

Have you tried Chrome browser? It works fine for me. I’m not sure if I have tested Safari or not. Now I’m curious.

I actually tried chrome and safari with the same results: clicking “upload” or “set focus” seem to have no effect. I did find a weird workaround where by going affinity designer -> export svg to local storage -> dropbox -> share via dropbox -> glowforge app I can get my svg’s uploaded to cloud storage. But it’s a pretty ridiculous workflow.

The glowforge app is clearly out of date so I’d be much more comfortable just using the web app if those drop down menu buttons worked. Seems so close!

Okay, I did some playing with this as I normally use a PC.

Yes this does need some attention but you can get “normal” reactions from the buttons that are acting weird by doing a quick double tap. I got both a load from the local library and a focus command to work this way.

4 Likes

Good observation! The double tap worked for me as well.

3 Likes

Double Tap!! Works for me too.

It was right there all along :slight_smile: Very excited to be able to play with an ipad only workflow.

Thank you all for the super speedy responses. Really appreciate the help.

2 Likes

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!