Ironic Escutcheon

I’ll just leave this here. It’s my peculiar sense of humor. It was too subtle for my family, but I amused myself with the text :slight_smile:

32 Likes

Chuckle! Yeah, afraid it shoots over my head too, but nice job on the escutcheon! :smile:

3 Likes

Excellent!!!

2 Likes

Thanks!

Needs more gears so when one turns they all do. As for myself I made a gear out of the place where the button was cut out. Kind of opposite.

Interesting poetry reference, not sure how one wraps their head around the connection.

4 Likes

You should have put the whole poem on there! :wink: One of my favorites.

3 Likes

Ah… Breaking Bad fan?

2 Likes

@eflyguy I wasn’t thinking Breaking Bad, but that’s a good one.

My overly subtle reference is this: the next line of the poem is “Nothing beside remains.”

I thought it a funny study in contrasts and reflects a common maker occurrence: I wield the kingly power of the Glowforge (and my old laser and my 3D printers and my computer), but occasionally, the project completely flunks, and “nothing beside remains” of what I intended to make :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Vainly trying to twist the ‘nothing besides remain’ to refer to the piece that’s left behind, with a gear shaped hole in it. . . . . .
Perhaps I’d better go and make breakfast, and an extra large coffee with it.

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

I saw your twitter account…you are an awesome guy…cool stuff

1 Like

Oh, now that’s funny - and far more clever than I would have picked up on. Your interpretation, however, is different to mine. When you said “Nothing besides remains”, I was thinking that the laser basically vaporizes everything we don’t want - everything beside what we do… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dawww… thanks :slight_smile:

I like that also!

its creative stuff…!

1 Like