Is anyone else having issues uploading files?

I’m trying to upload a DXF (I’ve used this file many times), and it’s saying “An error occurred on your Glowforge. Please refresh your browser before printing. It may also help to turn your Glowforge off and then on again”

I’ve tried different browsers, clearing cache etc…

1 Like

Try a different file format. DXF is not ideal for 2D vector designs.

SVG and PDF are best.

1 Like

I use fusion 360 which allows direct sketch DXF downloads. It’s been ideal for years, with .1mm accuracy so I’m not sure why it’s not ideal…

It’s worked since I bought my Glowforge. It worked yesterday. Today it doesn’t work.

1 Like

OK. Good luck.

2 Likes

I found a workaround with a Fusion 360 SVG plugin. But it’s not ideal, it only converts individual faces instead of just downloading the 2D sketch. Adds a bit of time to the process. Hoping this is just a glitch that GF can iron out in the next couple days.

Send one of your files that worked before but doesn’t now to support@glowforge.com. They won’t know there’s something wrong with the DXF processing unless people tell them.

2 Likes

I don’t know why you’d say this. DXF is very much ideal for vector design and quite common in engineering, design and architecture since Autodesk developed it for interchanging files between AutoCad and other CAD programs.

1 Like

I am having the same issue, except I am trying to upload SVG file format. To the best of my knowledge, this issue started yesterday for me. I was hoping to get a fix here, but it appears that it will be best to use the email address and send the info to GF, is that right? TYIA

I just uploaded a .pdf of the dxf file that failed, and it worked. WE NEED BETTER DXF FILE TYPE SUPPORT FROM GLOWFORGE. This is an industry standard file format for laser cutters. FIX IT PLEASE!

Send that feedback (and maybe a copy of the file that failed) to them. They don’t know you’re asking to fix it. They don’t monitor this forum. DXF file support is a feature they advertise, so it probably wasn’t broken on purpose!

1 Like

Thanks, already did that

I agree, in fact DXF is ONLY 2d and very standard in engineering

1 Like

Hey, Matt. I reached out to Glowforge via email. They replied asking a couple questions and made an appointment to call me on Friday to TS. If I find out anything, I will let you know. I haven’t tried dfx filter. I will try one and see if out upload. Good luck !

(Attachment GARRY&PhyllisSMITH.vcf is missing)

thanks Garry

I am having that same issue today. It’s showing my whole file as an engrave with my designs in the middle. I don’t know why or how to change it!! Any help from anyone would be appreciated!! I have orders stacking up and this is my only day off :sob:

1 Like

I reached out to GF a few days ago and they set up an appt for someone to call me on Friday. I am not seeing the issue anymore (right now), though. I am going to try to print that one file again and see what it does, though. Good luck! I will let you know if I get anymore info.

LOL … I am Phyllis, but it’s all good. I don’t seem to be having the issue anymore (RN). I didn’t try a dxf file, because I could not get the svg file to work right. I will post here if I find out anything else. Good luck!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.