Is it the cold?

Orange light at startup. Laser is clean. Room is cold AF though. Probably light 15 degrees… was probably less the other day… I’m in northern Michigan…

• Recommended Operating Temperature: 60F-75F (16C-24C) Basic and Plus; 60F-81F (16C-27C) Pro

So if I warm it up it’ll be fine?

Can’t say without knowing the actual temperature in the room, but it’s a possibility.

I would check for leaks as you warm it up. I’m not sure at what point the coolant freezes. I’ve heard of others putting an electric blanket over it if they plan on leaving it in the cold.

The manual recommends never letting it experience temperatures lower than 40F, I doubt that it low enough to cause long term harm.

1 Like

There is an on-screen temperature warning. I’ve heard of several cases where it was too warm (myself included at one point). I’ve only seen 1 or 2 cases, but there is also a too cool warning. Too warm is an orange light. I can’t remember, but I think too cool is actually a blue light. But don’t quote me on that. Regardless, if temp is your issue, it’s supposed to tell you.

Regardless, Support can simply look at your logs and give you that answer (assuming it’s connecting to the internet).

2 Likes

@feeby123, I’m sorry about the trouble when trying to use your unit. I extracted your recent logs, and your machine’s sensors read a temperature which was below the operating temperature. If you’re able to warm up the room that your Glowforge is in, once it’s warm enough, you should be able to connect and print. Were you able to measure the temperature of the room that it’s in? Please let us know if your unit operates as expected once it’s warmer!

@Tom_A, you’re correct that a Glowforge printer’s button will light up if the unit is too cold as well as when it’s too hot. In both cases, the button glows orange.

2 Likes

It looks like you’ve been able to print since contacting us. That’s great! Since you are able to print again after warming up your Glowforge, I am going to close this thread.