Is there a way to turn off the internal exhaust fan?

I have a pretty good large fan+air filter combo sucking the exhaust out of the glowforge already, and to be frank, the internal exhaust fan is just way too loud (basically vacuum cleaner level). Pretty sure will drive my neighbors crazy if I keep running it for hour long projects (and basically bars me from doing anything at night).

I assume that’s the exhaust fan anyways, I’m not sure if there’s any other fans in there.

If that’s really the only thing making so much noise, is there a way to turn it off? Would the external fan be good enough to keep everything cool inside?

Thanks for any help regarding this topic.

There is no manufacturer-recommended way to turn off any of the fans at this time.

1 Like

No way for the user to turn off or adjust the fan speed unless the company makes a change. So far there is no indication that might occur. I believe there is a sensor for fan rpm which would thwart simply disconnecting the fan. (not sure though)

1 Like

You may want to step outside if you are concerned about outdoor sound - many users have reported little to no sound outside when venting through a window. Fan sounds are usually not well transmitted through walls unless they are very thin.
This may not be an issue at all, it might be worth asking your neighbors if it is a problem first.

3 Likes

Thanks for the replies all. I did ended up stepping outside while the machine was on (Never had left the machine alone before due to paranoid safety concerns haha) and it was audiable but def not as bad as I thought.

Changing fan speeds would be nice though, sometimes I’m just cutting cardstock on very low settings and I really don’t think the thing needs to be on full blast.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions! I’ll make sure the team gets them.

I’d like to make sure there isn’t anything that might be a problem with your Glowforge. Has your fan gotten louder over time?

Mine has - that is what brought me here looking for info.

There are several sounds that have appeared over the last month that are concerning.

@brianshannon13, support might not see your post here - they don’t keep re-reading old topics.

Start a new thread in the Problems and Support section so that they can open up a ticket for you. (Or you can send them a direct email at support@Glowforge.com)

Thanks - I’ll do that!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.