Is this where we post our Catan board pics?

So I’m not completely done with my board yet, but now that you’ve opened the thread, I have a question!

I’m looking for something to put on the base of the settlements/cities. I know I’ve played chess with pieces that have a very thin piece of felt at the bottom and I’m wondering…

• where can I find something like that?
  • can I cut it with the GF?
  • is there something else similar I could use?

I’d just like to give the pieces a nice finished bottom.

As for the board, it’s a combination of 3D printed tiles from Thingiverse and custom made/cut wood trim pieces. I still need to finish the border (which is currently sitting on draft board which needs to be replaced with walnut. Hello Glowforge?? Can we please get some proofgrade inventory?!)

38 Likes

Yes, this is the place to share your excellent version of the board. Any crafting supply should be able to hook you up with either felt or cork. You could look at Amazon. Non-affiliate link. Here also.

Nice work on that :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Thank you!! Didn’t even think of self-adhesive cork!

2 Likes

Wow…I really like the 3D effect of your tiles and the vivid colors. You might want to try cork sheets from home depot. They are on a roll and have an adhesive on one side. I use the cork for lots of things too. :grinning:

4 Likes

I use Black Peel & Stick from Hobby Lobby. I wait until it’s 40% off and buy 100 at a time or so when I need more. I kept buying out my local store and they got mad at me so I went online, haha. I’ll make a post in Beyond the Manual with a link to all my settings, because I believe we cannot discuss cut settings here. I know it’s helpful to see what works for others with cutting a new material C:

7 Likes

Your board turned out fantastic!!

4 Likes

Another option that is a bit more obscure but would give you a thin finished surface on the bottom is flocking.

2 Likes

The peel-and-stick mentioned above is your simplest bet. I have plain felt from various other projects and securing it cleanly and permanently is a bit fiddly, but the peel and stick makes it simple.

2 Likes

That’s a great looking board!

3 Likes

I so love seeing board games hand made like this. I am such a big fan of them. Love it!

2 Likes

That is amazing!!! The colors really bring it together!

1 Like

It’s been a while, but I finally got around to making a box for my custom-built Catan board. I still need to add some dividers to the top tray, but other than that, it’s just about done!!

8 Likes

You have the cutest little drawers!

5 Likes

Looks freaking awesome.
:heart:

3 Likes

That is a really nice box. I love the see through images on top and the drawers and drawer pulls.

4 Likes