Issue Cutting After Cleaning

I did a good cleaning this morning, fans and all. trying to do some cuts & it looks like it is engraving —and yes it is on cut, not engrave and possibly more smoky than needs to be, but not positive since it might be engraving.
Cutting on birch which has never been a problem until I cleaned it Did I screw something up? :grimacing:

Did you take out the lens in the laser head? I’d double check it is right side up (Bowl up).

3 Likes

Yes. Double check it didn’t get bumped. Tried a test again and same results. The video I did was after I checked lens.
I have checked connections, redid everything just to make sure it all snapped back into place correctly, but no luck and stumped on how to resolve.

I did the reCalibration test and nothing cut at all. Not sure what is wrong

Sorry I can’t help but someone will be along who can.

Thanks. Guess I will clean houses. Lol

1 Like

Don’t try to run any more jobs until support has had a chance to look at the logs for it. You’ve got a definite focus issue, and it might further damage things to run it.

In the meantime, you can turn the machine off and check the optical system components…lens, mirror, and all the windows. If you see anything hinky going on, just shoot some photos and show support.

Thank u

figured it out…I put the top lens back in, but didn’t put the one on the blue thing back in…good grief.
thanks for the help–that was it!

2 Likes

Are you talking about this one?

1 Like

Good to hear it was something simple.

1 Like

I’ve not forgotten to put the lens back in, but I have put it back in upside down, and had similar result of very poor etching & cutting! (that was after 2 years of use–so I don’t take it for granted I know what I’m doing!

2 Likes

YYYEEEAAAaaaa - can’t believe I did that.

3 Likes

hehe oh well, gave me some cool info at the very least. If i ever need to do some extreme defocused passes i now know how to :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I’m so glad to hear that you were able to narrow down the snag!

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic. I’d like to perform a test print to ensure everything is performing correctly.