Issue getting file to Cut instead of Engrave

thinstroke

That file has them broken into three parts with different colors… I cut it using some thin chipboard with no problem.

I might have solved the issue and it might have been a dumb dumb moment, Ive been trying to cut in the frosted border that pops up when you go to cut. Ive moved a few things around and i’m running the file again to see if my guess is correct. If it is i’m so sorry if you wasted good material and that i’ve wasted your time

1 Like

IT CUT!!! I’m such an idiot. thanks again for your help

2 Likes

No problem. As for the material… it was just some cheap chipboard. No biggie. Glad you got it figured out. Always make sure you have everything within the cutting area. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will. good thing is i did it on draft board. to prototype it before i do it in wood

1 Like

:try_to_be_helpful_but_not_authoritative:Might want to rethink this post. It could be construed as conflating the width of the stroke for visual purposes in the design program with size of resulting kerf.

It looked like a solid black cut line but in fact was a filled shape.

Did the original file have inside and outside object stroke defined with an interior fill? It seems that this is what was going on.

Width of stroke can be anything and it will still cut in the middle of the stroke if it is a single path.

1 Like

Given what I found out later on, you are correct. Turns out it didn’t matter as it didn’t have anything to do with the stroke at all.

1 Like

So i got all of it cut out, and I went for a test fit… Its back to the drawing board to adjust somethings. The tabs are good but the tab slots are too narrow. It’s also a bit short in some places but I can fix that. I’m going to let my brain rest and get fresh look at it tomorrow

3 Likes

Thank you @kanati for your help - I’m glad you were able to cut the file, @kdgink001.

It sounds like you may still need some help adjusting your file to account for kerf when piecing together the finished pieces. This question is outside our team’s scope. I’ve moved it to the the Everything Else section of the forum so the discussion can continue there.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.