Issue with creating an outline

I keep trying to create an outline of an object and the “create new outline” bar just keeps loading. I’ve closed and reopened that Glowforge app and tried a new browser. This has been happening to me for quite some time now. Has anyone else been experiencing this issue?

No, I have not had this problem. Does it happen every time you try to use it no matter the source of the file or just certain files?

1 Like

I helped someone who had this problem last week. The cause was his file: it was a vector design with tens of thousands of nodes created by tracing another image. It was not necessary to have tens of thousands of nodes, or to trace it to a vector in the first place since the design was going to be engraved anyway. Could you turn your design into an image (PNG, JPG, BMP) before uploading it to the Glowforge app to add an outline?

1 Like

Hello Danisha,

My name is Alex and I am with the technical support team here at Glowforge.

First, let me sincerely apologize for the delay in getting back to you. This is not the experience we want for our customers.
I would like to help get you printing again as quickly as possible.

It seems like the other users in the forum have suggested some good next steps. Can you please provide me with the file you are seeing this issue on so I can review it.

Once I have this I will review it and reach out with the best next steps.

Best Regards,

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.