Issues engraving on thicker material

Thank you! I am going to just live with it. I am afraid I will make it worse. I think he will still love it.

1 Like

Love the wood!

1 Like

Really nice. unfortunately by time i got around to looking, they were all gone

1 Like

They apparently get them every year. It said on the tag that they collect the wood after the olive harvest each year.

For anyone else who needs to know how to do this:

Use calipers and measure your crumb bed height, from the base to the top - not the bottom of the feet as they are recessed. My pro, for example, is 1.36". So when you add an item into the bottom of the tray, use the calipers to measure the height of the item from the base of the laser bed to the top of the item - that height must be higher than your bed measurement. So let’s say I have something that’s 1.61" in my bed, I just do 1.61-1.36 = 0.25 material height and focus height.

It’s very simple as long as you have calipers, that’s the most accurate way to measure your materials. Same for items on the bed, use calipers and as long as your product is less than 0.5" on the bed then you’re good. I prefer dial calipers over digital: https://smile.amazon.com/Anytime-Tools-Caliper-Reading-Standard/dp/B00B5XJW7I/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=calipers&qid=1608621555&sr=8-9

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.