Issues of unit constantly reading scanning?

Has anyone had issues with their machine constantly reading scanning? I have had nothing but issues lately. First, the exhaust fan. It should have been made to be taken out and cleaned, a very bad design flaw! So I spent over $100 on 3 cans of the cleaner and it still sounds like crap! I clean it out all the time so it’s not from not keeping my machine maintained.
Now it just keeps reading scanning. I have shut and unplugged the Glowforge, as well as shutting off my computer and rebooting it and getting rid of the cookies! I have craft shows I’m getting ready for as well as orders to fill and yet again I’m stuck! And the best part of all of this is that I"m pretty sure my warranty ran out last month! Any ideas?

It’s likely that during the cleaning you may have bumped one of the cables. I’d carefully unplug and then re-seat all of them. The lid is especially delicate, but there are others inside too. Fingers crossed it’s that easy!

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll try that.

I have not been happy with the Novec solution for several reasons, and have used hand sanitizer myself but @Jules lays out an older alternative that is more stressful and detailed, but perhaps better, and does not involve Novec.

2 Likes

@lisascraftythings I’m so sorry you hit a snag. I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.