It happened!

If it is cold and you are alone, sleeping on your Glowforge while it’s running will help keep you warm and cozy. Fact.

4 Likes

Yeah the clamps are terrible. Even fully squeezed (which is reeeeally hard on the fingers), I couldn’t manage to get the hose through. I need another hand or something. I’ll be heading to the hardware store to get a screw clamp.

1 Like

I first saw the spring clamps at BAMF. I was fumbling with them. My carpenter brother popped them on with no effort. We disconnected the vent hose in the evenings so he took care of re-installation after that!

I do like the worm gear though.

1 Like

someone needs to cross one of those with a screw clamp. the screw can open the clamp but only close it to a maximum that isn’t too extreme?

It’s already out there. :slight_smile: Looks like the spring clamp but has a screw that opens it instead of tightening, then it only closes down with the natural tension of the spring.

1 Like

What someone needs to really do is toss together a 3D thingiverse design of some finger-pads you can slip onto those wire ears so you can pinch them without screaming in pain…

2 Likes

Or people can grab a pair of pliers. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hope this helps - picture’s just off my phone, but the calipers reads 3.7".

4 Likes

What is the diameter of the wire it’s made with?

1 Like

…says the cat!!!

3 Likes

Thanks, here is my attempt at a handle: Hose clamp handles for GF supplied clamp

6 Likes