It’s a drag man

I bought one of those on sale and the magnet is too weak to hold a screwdriver.

1 Like

I’m still finding nails in the driveway from the roofing job last summer. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

My wife’s school is doing hybrid (some kids in person, some remote) since any kid who gets exposed has to quarantine for 2 weeks. So they now all have cameras on tripods in their classrooms and running Zoom classes all day so the kids at home are doing a full day (unlike earlier in the year when it was a matter of doing a bit of instruction and then having the parents handle the book & homework).

It’s getting worse here again (but still only 10% what it was at its peak) so they’re talking about potentially going all remote after Christmas. If they do, the teachers are all saying they’ll still come to the school because the setup is all there and they can avoid each other well enough. And it’s easier than trying to Zoom teach from home. It’s easier to stand in an empty class teaching the camera and checking the Zoom screen for anyone raising their hands.

5 Likes

Oh no. I am sorry to learn it’s getting worse where you are. It’s good the faculty can work on campus and support each other all while safely distancing.

I am not so sure school will ever be the same after this. I feel like we have finally jumped into the deep end of the computer age.

4 Likes

It’s all relative. We’re at about 10% the daily deaths we were at back in the spring. We’re freaking because we have a 5% testing positivity rate. Ain’t nothing like Iowa with its 50% positivity.

We were testing around 1% at the end of the summer so we were really low - pushed the baseline way down. But we don’t want to get to the place that some of the midwest states are. I saw somewhere that CT has the highest mask-wearing rate in the country. I’m not really surprised - high education levels, lots of white collar workers (from home) and salaries to protect. Almost no one wants to kill their grandmother or someone else’s grandma. (There are still enough loop-loops out there though, it’s not all unicorns and rainbows. But having gone from 10 or 12 pages of obits in the paper every day to 2, not a lot of people want to go back - the idjits just can’t connect the dots.)

5 Likes

This thread is aptly titled.

3 Likes

Reports from the barn are that it successfully pulled many nails out of the dirt.

8 Likes