It seems initial domestic 30-day orders, at least for Pros, have been filled

For domestic orders. For all those except for the conspiracy theorists the international shipments have likely been a circular change/test/approval process.

4 Likes

Thanks. Edited initial post.

What happened to day 31 and 32? According to the spreadsheet they were also in the “30 day campaign”.

I ordered my pro unit on 1 September 2016 and received it a few days ago. So they are well beyond the initial 30 day orders from 2015.

8 Likes

Nice! Cut anything cool yet?

We just received our Pro and ordered around January 2017. It arrived just as I’m heading out of town - will have to wait an extra week to get it set up! Super excited though!

6 Likes

Not yet. My unit seems to be a dud and several days of customer service support still hasn’t identified or fixed the problem. More patience required!

Since the company has not said anything in the banner claiming a milestone, and I wasn’t the person who said 30 days, seems really going out of the way to find a new argument.

3 Likes

Ah, crap. What kind of dud?

Won’t connect to wifi. Have tried everything in the forums, troubleshooters, and several other suggestions from customer service. They have been very helpful but an ethernet port would have been useful. The printhead and gantry haven’t even moved one millimeter. I’m sure that I’ll eventually have a working unit, I trust that they’ll take care of my dud. Right now I have a fancy box with lights in it.

Well dang. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Thanks! So do I. :grinning:

There have been a few like that. I wonder if the WIFI aerials become detached in the shipping.

Maybe not in my case. My GF broadcasts its wifi signal just fine (with the teal light). The devices I’ve tried connect with the GF signal every time. It’s step 2 that fails each time, connecting the GF to the internet.

Just a thought, and I probably don’t know if it’s something you’ve been asked to investigate, but do you have a MAC address filter in your router that’s barring your GF from accessing it ?
:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I switched to the Pro just before the price increase and it arrived today in good order…at least it looks like it is. Have not unboxed it two handles still on the box and no glass floating around. Waiting for help to set it up which is a change for me. I usually just forge (hah) ahead , but this time I am going to err on caution.

2 Likes

Or a number of allowed connections. I lock down my router to only allow X connections as one more way of hopefully preventing the neighbors to ride my airwaves :slight_smile: But I do have to regularly update it as we get additional devices that need a wifi connection.

Useful. I didn’t know that was possible, or is it only on some routers ?

:upside_down_face:

Pro production has been flying lately - it’s possible we did hit a milestone and forget to update; I’ll check.

1 Like

Maybe old ones might not support the setting but anything bought in the past few years would have it. By default they’ll come with 100 or 256 enabled (I’ve seen both) and since they re-use connections as machines connect & disconnect, you’ll likely never notice. But I lock mine down to the number of devices I have connected (or will connect - like a tablet that might not be on) and once it hits that, it rejects additional connections until someone disconnects. It’s just one more layer of security. Someone outside could slip on when one of our devices leaves the house, but it makes it less likely that my neighbor’s 10 devices are going to be poaching on my network :slight_smile:

1 Like