It stopped mid print engraving christmas ornaments

My machine just stopped mid print engraving Christmas ornaments. My screen is in “focusing” status and the power button is bright orange. I don’t want to move anything as I am hoping it starts back up. Anybody have this problem?

Bright orange is a cooling down indicator (I’ve had it a hundred times…) Although, it usually states that it’s cooling down. How long has it been stuck like that, and how long has the machine been running before this print?

1 Like

Are you getting a notification in the UI, such as too warm, too cold?

If you’re stuck on focusing, I’m guessing not… i’m guessing that it is having trouble communicating with the head. The chances of your print continuing are pretty much zero, I suspect.

I would turn the machine off, check to make sure that the ribbon cable is seated properly in the head - all the way, until it clicks… if it’s seated all of the way, I would disconnect it, make sure none of the pins are bent, and snap it back into place.

Bright orange is a problem indicator, which can include cooling down, but doesn’t only mean cooling down. Basically, it means there is a problem, please check the UI… but, I don’t think any problems forward over to the UI aside from cooling down or too cold.

4 Likes

No notifications. Thank you I will turn it off since my “hope” to save my time and material on these ornaments has diminished and hope my machine is ok.

Thank you! Thank you! I turned it off, opened the lid and checked the ribbon and it was unclipped/detached. I plugged it back in and everything is back to normal. Thank you for the advise.

5 Likes

Make sure you have the ribbon cable looped correctly. It should Loop back over itself - no twists. If it’s twisted, at a certain point the tension will build and pull it loose.

Glad you resolved it!

1 Like

I cleaned the mirrors yesterday and probably didn’t check everything over anticipating this order of ornaments - human error. The good thing is I was able to restart the print job without any alignment problems and didn’t waste my material just the time already spent. Thank you for your help.

4 Likes

Thanks for the answer @jbmanning5, that’s right.

Glad to hear you resolved it @photo6581!

I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!