It's a match!

I made a matching game for my 7 year-old daughter.
NOTE: I am NOT an artist and never will be! BUT…I did have fun drawing these little doodles.
As usual, Inkscape gave me heartburn, but I’m forever in debt to @Jules for a post she made a while back (I’ll find it and link to it in my comments) about GF blatently ignoring clip paths! I drew these doodles on paper and scanned them in on one sheet. I thought I could clip each one to separate them out…imagine my distress when I uploaded my final design and found that EACH tile came along with the clipped image AND the remaining 19 designs! 20 tiles x 20 images = a complete mess!!! Thanks to Jules I re-did my design and used the intersect path tool to save just the image I wanted. Phew!

42 Likes

Here’s that life-saving post re: clip paths vs. permanent removal of unwanted parts of your design! Thanks again Jules!

6 Likes

I’m glad you found it! And those are adorable doodles…if I could draw half that well I could make a fortune with this thing! :smile:

Game pieces are a great idea!

3 Likes

Your doodles are PERFECT! (Seriously!)

Jules… you say you ‘can’t draw’ because… you don’t draw! Draw a lil’ bit every day, you’ll figure it out. (I draw lunch notes every day… the difference between my first few weeks of it, and now [5 years later] is quite astounding to me. Still not comic/movie level by ANY stretch, but fun and doesn’t take me an hour anymore.)

5 Likes

Yes, you are an artist! Your drawings are adorable and equivalent to ones I’ve gotten from Creative Market. Nice job on the game!

5 Likes

There’s just not much market for amoebas and amorphous blobs. :wink:

4 Likes

Your drawings are ADORABLE.

3 Likes

https://artthescience.com/blog/2016/02/21/bits-amoeba/

5 Likes

I stand corrected! :smile:
(People will buy anything.)

7 Likes

Quite adorable drawings!!! Very cute!

1 Like

Very well done! I love your doodles, especially the smiling whale!

1 Like

Sorry, I’m just gonna disagree with you here.
you made art. that makes you an artist.

(Trust me, I have a degree in this ish. How else would I know about “real” artists like Malevich? :roll_eyes: )

5 Likes

Could you please tell me the dimensions of this?

OMG - these pictures are fabulous !! I will make this for my grandbaby - thank you for sharing!!

I see a future in illustrating children’s books here! Great work!!!

1 Like