It's About Time

Finally swapped the machines. All good - better in fact.

First Impressions.
Having lived with a Pre-release unit for almost 8 months now, I know it’s sound. I commune with it. This is a lot quieter, and a little faster. Processing time is faster. I don’t know how much of that is attributable to the recent updates, but it is all a welcome change. A direct reflection on the work and development that has been achieved on this project.
It helps loosen my grip on this Pre-release I have grown so attached to. I love this thing, all iterations of it. :star_struck:

Still thinking of making off with the original steel tray…

Capitan Morgan

(if I do they are welcome to charge my account accordingly)

15 Likes

You wouldn’t download a crumb tray…

5 Likes

I do like having the “limited edition” first tray :slight_smile:

Glad you got your forever machine.

4 Likes

Congratulations as everyone told me, that pru will soon be forgotten with the tight precision of the production unit.

3 Likes

Either that or our ears were all damaged by the super loud PRU fans…:grin:

4 Likes

I still often miss my steel tray. That black tray seems to absorb light from all around. I can’t see a damn thing sometimes. Especially when using some darker material.

The black is very pretty. But I say send 'em back the black and keep the steel.

2 Likes

You note the difference in pitch too? Man those PRU fans had a whine that was heard throughout the house - high pitched like manhood caught in the zipper loud.

@Tom_A, yeah I’m torn. It really does look nice, but I can imagine trying to see the edges of black acrylic on it.

2 Likes

I’ve got that problem now with my PRU. It’s all smoked up so it’s pretty much black in the GFUI anyway.

5 Likes